BP struggling

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

BP struggling

Post by Bobster21 »

The plan to have the BP pitch more than half of every game seems to have already caught up to them. The BP has yielded runs in each of the last 8 games in the amount of 12, 1, 8, 3, 2, 3, 3 and 4 runs.

Here are some ERAs:

Stratton 5.79

Hembree 6.48

Howard 9.00

Fletcher 9.35

Yajure 11.32

Shelton might want to think about letting his SPs go longer in the rare instances when they are pitching well. He just doesn't have the arms in the BP to go 5-6 innings every game.
CarolinaBucco

BP struggling

Post by CarolinaBucco »

A 100 loss season is GUARANTEED if our starting pitching (yesterday notwithstanding) continues to be historically terrible, and I don't see any chance of that changing.

Through 22 games, our starters have combined for ZERO wins.

I believe that is already a major league record for futility.

We'll be lucky if our starting rotation wins 10 games this season.
UtahPirate

BP struggling

Post by UtahPirate »

785A49545752555A794E5858543B0 wrote: A 100 loss season is GUARANTEED if our starting pitching (yesterday notwithstanding) continues to be historically terrible, and I don't see any chance of that changing.

Through 22 games, our starters have combined for ZERO wins.

I believe that is already a major league record for futility.

We'll be lucky if our starting rotation wins 10 games this season.

I also think our starting pitchers have had zero possibility of winning after consistently being pulled before completing 5, including a game where Quintana was pulled with a lead at 4 2/3 and cruising in a game we went on to win. Shelton's current strategy has been to not allow pitchers enough innings to even get a win. I'm not defending the starting pitching as it hasn't been that great, but the zero thing is more on Shelton than all the starters.