Shane Baz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Shane Baz

Post by JollyRoger »

I hate to keep revisiting this but since MLB just released each teams Top 30 Prospects I wanted to check out where Baz was slotted with the Rays

He is now their #1 Prospect

His stats this year are incredible:

Games Started: 13

Innings Pitched: 58.2

Hits Allowed: 38

Walks: 10

K’s: 85

Batting Avg Against: .184

WHIP: 0.82

ERA: 2.30

Fastball has reached 100MPH

Currently at AAA Durham

These are better than Glasnow numbers
SCBucco

Shane Baz

Post by SCBucco »

496C6F6F7A516C646671030 wrote: I hate to keep revisiting this but since MLB just released each teams Top 30 Prospects I wanted to check out where Baz was slotted with the Rays

His stats this year are incredible:

Games Started: 13

Innings Pitched: 58.2

Hits Allowed: 38

Walks: 10

K’s: 85

Batting Avg Against: .184

WHIP: 0.82

ERA: 2.30

Fastball has reached 100MPH

Currently at AAA Durham

These are better than Glasnow numbers

That trade still boggles my mind. That trade probably should have been Archer for Glasnow, who probably wasn't going to do anything here. That was a fair trade. Archer was on the big time downswing. Why Baz and Meadows were added still boggles my mind.
ArnoldRothstein

Shane Baz

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

See, that's very deceptive. When a team keeps bringing young players to the majors, sooner or later everyone gets to be their #1 prospect.

You know they're going to promote him for the playoff roster, just like they did David Price.
maher.timothy20@gm

Shane Baz

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I console myself only by thinking that this trade brought the end of Huntington, Coonelly, etc. I think the path they're on now is the right one. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. But if we hadn't made that trade we would have held on to our handful of solid players (Bell, Musgrove, Taillon, Frazier) under the delusion that they'd be enough to win us a title.

Still sucks, though.