Bucs acquire Wade LeBlanc

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

This likely means Cole is done for year.

Wanting someone to eat innings. Should fit right in,he has allowed 14 homers in 50 innings.

The Pirates have acquired southpaw Wade LeBlanc from the Mariners, the teams announced. Seattle will receive a player to be named later or cash considerations in the deal.

LeBlanc, 32, was outrighted after his fifty-inning big league run for the M’s this year. He worked to a 4.50 ERA in that span, with a useful 7.4 K/9 against 1.6 BB/9.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I have zero idea why Pittsburgh would even make this deal. Put Locke back in the rotation. He might be better than LeBlanc.
PMike

Post by PMike »

5646477066666A050 wrote: I have zero idea why Pittsburgh would even make this deal.  Put Locke back in the rotation.  He might be better than LeBlanc.

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't know why thy couldn't put Brault, Williams, or Glasnow in the rotation. In fact, if one of those guys pitched, it would actually make one of these games interesting to watch.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

The Pirates are really finishing the season on a high note, tongue in check :-/

Beat'em Bucs
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

697450525C390 wrote: I have zero idea why Pittsburgh would even make this deal.  Put Locke back in the rotation.  He might be better than LeBlanc.

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't know why thy couldn't put Brault, Williams, or Glasnow in the rotation.  In fact, if one of those guys pitched, it would actually make one of these games interesting to watch.

I made that comment relative toward my feelings of Wade LeBlanc. He is no better than Locke. I don't ever want to see Locke on this staff after this year. Sure, Brault, Williams, or Glasnow are better options than LeBlanc. Heck, I'd prefer Justin Masterson.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Just on simple question.....why???