Food Storage

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Food Storage

Post by RichD »

Anyone do any type of food storage ? I have been buying freeze dried foods for the last year plus canned . Been focusing on proteins which are expensive . But eggs and beans are reasonable plus TVP. Starting to get a really nice stash. I have been unemployed before and having food would of made things easier. It not all for me but to share if anyone needs it . The Mormons are big into food storage while the southern Baptists where I live say God will provide . Maybe .If you hook up with a Mormon family. Im neither but I will keep stocking up. Just in case the SHTF.
RichD

Food Storage

Post by RichD »

Got a 12 pack meal of MRES from Walmart about 10 days ago.Not bad only $77 bucks w/free shipping. I had to eat one and it was pretty good Asian veg and fried rice.  Think i will buy a case every other month .

Keystone Meats have been out of stock at walmart online . Why ? Because they are real good !! Dont like the Hambuger but the beef ,and turkey are the best canned meat you will eat . Ingredients Beef or Turkey and water no fillers.

Need to increase protiens so looking at a 25 ilb bag og Quinoa from a supplier its like $50 bucks which is cheap as hell but shipping kills the savings . >:( O So will need to make the order bigger . Put that Quinoa in a mason jar with oxidizer and seal it wih a machone should last 10 + years.

Happy Prepping  ;D

RichD

Food Storage

Post by RichD »

Wow . Got a shipment from Omaha Steaks today . Been seeing the ad in the Sunday paper for years finally took the bait . Ordered the $49.99 special plus for 20 bucks more added on .Yeah they got me  :-*

Well almost everything arrived frozen but the keilbasa were soft and the sirloins to. Put keilbasa in fridge and 2 of the 8 sirloins.

Everything is well packaged but everthing is real small . They say 5 oz its 5oz  >:( The 2 filet minions are thick but I will need to eat both  :(

I was checking on the order (tracking) and they got me again before the first order arrived . Offered a special on skillet dinners so a bought that too  :-? We will see plus I added on some more sirloins .

The coolers the stuff comes in could be the best part of the deal and I will have 2 ....Ha Ha

RichD

Food Storage

Post by RichD »

Tell you what the Omaha Kielbasa is to die for . When you take a bite it snaps like none other and then a flavor explosion of juices . Hell  I would buy a case  .Just had a basic 3 over easy eggs and 2 pieces of toast with a Kielbasa. Feeling better about this purchase gotta try the steaks and burgers.