The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Jordan Lyles pitched a CG 3-hitter with no walks tonight for the Orioles. Thanks to a DP he faced only 2 batters over the minimum.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Tyler Glasnow pitched Wednesday night, 3IP 1ER. Saw the hilights tonight, he was pretty nasty.

Tampa Bay getting him back for the post season. That's just sensational
UtahPirate

The Departed

Post by UtahPirate »

Bligh Madris returns to his hometown of Las Vegas to play in the AAA Championship Series this weekend.

I guess a regional bias has had me following Bligh since we drafted him. While not a big prospect, I've always felt that he showed a nice ability to make adjustments as he went up each level. I was really sorry we let him go, and I'm still trying to figure out why - especially since we released Allen who I thought should have gone before Madris, and tell me why Collins? That question will probably get answered when the Rule 5 stuff happens though.

But ... I have a feeling Tampa will like Madris as he is a solid player and I think will make the adjustments necessary to help their MLB team next year. Just some numbers since he found a new team.

Durham AAA games 10; HRs 4; RBIs 15; BA .317; OPS 1.053
MaineBucs

The Departed

Post by MaineBucs »

Madris may turn out to be just another one of the many players who drifted through Pittsburgh this season. That said, I was encouraged when the Bucs began to give him some reps at first. I would much rather continued to give him at bats there than JVM or now Collins. Even though he is no longer a Pirate, I hope he succeeds with the Rays.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Charlie Morton has signed a contact for 2023 for $20 million dollars. There is also a $20 million option for 2024.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D31393E3512253323500 wrote: Madris may turn out to be just another one of the many players who drifted through Pittsburgh this season.  That said, I was encouraged when the Bucs began to give him some reps at first.    I would much rather continued to give him at bats there than JVM or now Collins.  Even though he is no longer a Pirate, I hope he succeeds with the Rays.
I'll second that
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

515D5C070E070F02051A00370 wrote: Charlie Morton has signed a contact for 2023 for $20 million dollars. There is also a $20 million option for 2024.

Charlie's back at the top of the NL in HBP, tied at 18 with Lodolo. Another 18 will give him 174 plunks for his career, and tie him with Charlie Hough for #10 on the all time list.
UtahPirate

The Departed

Post by UtahPirate »

4B7570786B737378587D6A792E1C0 wrote: Madris may turn out to be just another one of the many players who drifted through Pittsburgh this season.  That said, I was encouraged when the Bucs began to give him some reps at first.    I would much rather continued to give him at bats there than JVM or now Collins.  Even though he is no longer a Pirate, I hope he succeeds with the Rays.
I'll second that

https://www.mlb.com/news/durham-bulls-w ... ampionship
Ecbucs

The Departed

Post by Ecbucs »

5F7E6B625A63786B7E6F0A0 wrote: Madris may turn out to be just another one of the many players who drifted through Pittsburgh this season.  That said, I was encouraged when the Bucs began to give him some reps at first.    I would much rather continued to give him at bats there than JVM or now Collins.  Even though he is no longer a Pirate, I hope he succeeds with the Rays.
I'll second that

https://www.mlb.com/news/durham-bulls-w ... ampionship

this move is going to be hard to understand if Madris becomes a decent player. Its not like the Pirates didn't have other candidates to remove from the roster. Glad he is doing well in Tampa organization.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Adam Frazier drives in the game and series winning run for the Mariners in their 10-9 game 2 win