The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

0D5B4D59564C5C575A4D7F58525E5653115C3F0 wrote: Hurdle Named Special Assistant to Rockies GM

I’m happy for him.  He always came across to me as a good and decent man.  I think he just got worn down by the two-a-day press conferences (in his last couple of years he looked so unhappy and irritable having to do them), the inadequate rosters provided by Huntington after 2015, Nutting’s unwillingness to compete.  I always thought instead of firing him, he should’ve been kicked upstairs where his chief duty would be going out into the community selling the Pirates.  He’d have been great at it.

I have a very good friend who has met Clint on several occasions at the Children's Institute of Pgh due to the fact that his son and Clint's daughter Maddie both have Prader-Willi syndrome, which is a major eating and mental disorder. He says Clint is a great guy and also praises him for overcoming his alcoholism. I agree that the Bucs should have just kicked him upstairs in some sort of Sr. PR position. I think Clint could sell ice boxes to eskimos.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

59787059727A1D0 wrote: Hurdle Named Special Assistant to Rockies GM

I’m happy for him.  He always came across to me as a good and decent man.  I think he just got worn down by the two-a-day press conferences (in his last couple of years he looked so unhappy and irritable having to do them), the inadequate rosters provided by Huntington after 2015, Nutting’s unwillingness to compete.  I always thought instead of firing him, he should’ve been kicked upstairs where his chief duty would be going out into the community selling the Pirates.  He’d have been great at it.

I have a very good friend who has met Clint on several occasions at the Children's Institute of Pgh due to the fact that his son and Clint's daughter Maddie both have Prader-Willi syndrome, which is a major eating and mental disorder.  He says Clint is a great guy and also praises him for overcoming his alcoholism.  I agree that the Bucs should have just kicked him upstairs in some sort of Sr. PR position.  I think Clint could sell ice boxes to eskimos.

In the right position, he can do a world of good for any organization, in baseball or anywhere else. Hope he has lots of success in Colorado.
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

6D3B2D39362C3C373A2D1F38323E3633713C5F0 wrote: Hurdle Named Special Assistant to Rockies GM

I have a very good friend who has met Clint on several occasions at the Children's Institute of Pgh due to the fact that his son and Clint's daughter Maddie both have Prader-Willi syndrome, which is a major eating and mental disorder.  He says Clint is a great guy and also praises him for overcoming his alcoholism.  I agree that the Bucs should have just kicked him upstairs in some sort of Sr. PR position.  I think Clint could sell ice boxes to eskimos.

In the right position, he can do a world of good for any organization, in baseball or anywhere else.  Hope he has lots of success in Colorado.

I'm no fan, his last few years were just awful, managing by formula isn't managing.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7B636166667160677A7B6D080 wrote: Hurdle Named Special Assistant to Rockies GM

In the right position, he can do a world of good for any organization, in baseball or anywhere else.  Hope he has lots of success in Colorado.

I'm no fan, his last few years were just awful, managing by formula isn't managing.

I agree that he didn’t manage well. It looked like he was just mailing it in. But I do believe that after the successes of 2013-15, and then watching Huntington and Nutting giving him no help thereafter, that he gave up. That’s not endearing, I know, but I can understand his frustrations with that situation.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Nick Kingham re-signed with KBO's Hanwha Eagles. He went 10-8, 3.19 last season.

https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20211210002000315
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Back to Clint for a moment, "just awful" was the 20 years before him. While he was and is no John Macgraw, he's no Jim Tracy and no.....Derek Shelton.

I thank Clint for what part he played in ending our 20 years of bad baseball. Wish him well, except when his team goes against ours.
Ecbucs

The Departed

Post by Ecbucs »

764354545F6654545F5854310 wrote: Back to Clint for a moment, "just awful" was the 20 years before him.  While he was and is no John Macgraw, he's no Jim Tracy and no.....Derek Shelton. 

I thank Clint for what part he played in ending our 20 years of bad baseball.  Wish him well, except when his team goes against ours.

Well said. I wish him well too and think that Denver will be glad to have him back.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

625740404B7240404B4C40250 wrote: Back to Clint for a moment, "just awful" was the 20 years before him.  While he was and is no John Macgraw, he's no Jim Tracy and no.....Derek Shelton. 

I thank Clint for what part he played in ending our 20 years of bad baseball.  Wish him well, except when his team goes against ours.
Once again, you can't but help ruin a thread by spouting your Shelton/BC nonsense.

Yeah, Shelton had the likes of Andrew McCutchen, Josh Harrison, Pedro Alvarez, Neil Walker, Joel Hanrahan, Jared Hughes, Tony Watson, Jason Grilli, Charlie Morton, Jose Tabata. Granted all younger players, and this was the FOURTH season under NH.

Compare apples to apples. Come talk to us after four full seasons, not a truncated one with no ST or minor leagues.

In the meantime, leave the threads to the subject. I'm really sick and tired of your hijacking routine.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm jealous of the guy.

"Special Assistant to the General Manager" is like collecting $200, but you don't even need to pass "Go."

Can do it remotely from his place in San Diego.

Life is good!

I need a job like that.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

193F382D24283F29214A0 wrote: Back to Clint for a moment, "just awful" was the 20 years before him.  While he was and is no John Macgraw, he's no Jim Tracy and no.....Derek Shelton. 

Once again, you can't but help ruin a thread by spouting your Shelton/BC nonsense.

Yeah, Shelton had the likes of Andrew McCutchen, Josh Harrison, Pedro Alvarez, Neil Walker, Joel Hanrahan, Jared Hughes, Tony Watson, Jason Grilli, Charlie Morton, Jose Tabata.  Granted all younger players, and this was the FOURTH season under NH.

Compare apples to apples. Come talk to us after four full seasons, not a truncated one with no ST or minor leagues.

In the meantime, leave the threads to the subject. I'm really sick and tired of your hijacking routine.

Dude, your opinion MIGHT.....MIGHT matter after you man up.  Until then, keep spouting your spew.

The thread was about Clint Hurdle, and I commend Hurdle for what he did while with the Piratees.

Sorry your guys haven't done as much.

The only person here who has written anythinng about Cherinton is you.  YOU are to blame for your weak and sad attempt to dampen Hurdle's contributions to the franchise.  If you were a true fan, you would apologiize for your behavior.