Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

597479686F7E69292A1B0 wrote: The PG reported that players were seen hugging Bligh Madris after the game as if he's being optioned.
If he is not going to be in the lineup everyday, then I am in favor

of sending him down. The fact Suwinski and Gamel both bat from the left side hurt him. IF Gamel gets traded I would expect he will be brought back up immediately.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3E687E6A657F6F64697E4C6B616D6560226F0C0 wrote: I would expect Newman will play in order for other teams to get a look at him, and it’s likely to be at 2nd base because Cruz needs to play everyday.  How can VanMeter continue to stay on the roster under that circumstance?  It’s like he’s in a rubber knife fight:  he can’t be cut.
I said before that VanMeter must have some pictures of Shelton in a compromising situation :D :D
MaineBucs

Pirate Moves

Post by MaineBucs »

It's July 9 and the team is now down to 4 rookies. Frankly, for me, my recent excitement about this team has unnecessarily been exterminated. My biggest fear now is that too few of the veterans will be gone by August 2 and that the Bucs will play out the season with VanMeter, Tsutugo, Vogelbach, and the rest.

Losing is bad enough, but losing with players who have no future with the team is really depressing.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirate Moves

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

103C3433381F283E2E5D0 wrote: It's July 9 and the team is now down to 4 rookies.  Frankly, for me, my recent excitement about this team has unnecessarily been exterminated.  My biggest fear now is that too few of the veterans will be gone by August 2 and that the Bucs will play out the season with VanMeter, Tsutugo, Vogelbach, and the rest.

Losing is bad enough, but losing with players who have no future with the team is really depressing.

Five star post. I’ll be really disappointed if most of the veterans aren’t gone by the Deadline. I’m hoping that the only reason those guys are playing now is to put them on display for other teams.
3pirates3

Pirate Moves

Post by 3pirates3 »

"We have activated OF Jake Marisnick from the 60-day injured list and placed OF Bryan Reynolds on the 10-day injured list.

In addition, we have designated LHP Cam Vieaux for assignment." - Pirates

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1546576591270121474
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

3E7D647F6C79687E3E0D0 wrote: "We have activated OF Jake Marisnick from the 60-day injured list and placed OF Bryan Reynolds on the 10-day injured list.

In addition, we have designated LHP Cam Vieaux for assignment." - Pirates

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1546576591270121474
Reynolds went from day to day to at least 10 days.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Paul Zeise of the PG. wrote a rather radical and debatable article.

He said that he feels that the Pirates won't contend until 2024 at the earliest. He said that any player on the roster who is not expected to be here and be able to contribute at that time should go. In regard to Reynolds he said If the Pirates don't intend to give him a long-term lucrative deal then he should go. His value is high now. Same with Quintana and believe it or not, Bednar. The only ones who he considered untouchable are Hayes, Cruz, Suwinski, Contreras and Castillo. Wasn't high on Keller either.(Maybe he wrote the article before the Marlins game. He said he

knows the article won't sit well with the fans but this is his approach. So gentleman, what do you think? Please Possum, no

salary dump, dumpster fire or to quote an ex member- kick the can down the road! :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4876737B6870707B5B7E697A2D1F0 wrote: Paul Zeise of the PG. wrote a rather radical and debatable article.

He said that he feels that the Pirates won't contend until 2024 at the earliest. He said that any player on the roster who is not expected to be here and be able to contribute at that time should go. In regard to Reynolds he said If the Pirates don't intend to give him a long-term lucrative deal then he should go. His value is high now. Same with Quintana and believe it or not, Bednar. The only ones who he considered untouchable are Hayes, Cruz, Suwinski, Contreras and Castillo. Wasn't high on Keller either.(Maybe he wrote the article before the Marlins game. He said he

knows the article won't sit well with the fans but this is his approach. So gentleman, what do you think? Please Possum, no

salary dump, dumpster fire or to quote an ex member- kick the can down the road! :D :D

Now Mrs. Wildwood is yelling at me. "Why are you posting that?

You are just going to get the guys upset!. Now the board is going to light up. Surg, Doc, Bobster, Possum , Jolly Roger, Steady Freddy, etc all going to be upset"! I just said "just get dinner ready ready and keep quiet. Game is on at 6:40"
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

6B5550584B535358785D4A590E3C0 wrote: Paul Zeise of the PG. wrote a rather radical and debatable article.

Now Mrs. Wildwood is yelling at me. "Why are you posting that?

You are just going to get the guys upset!. Now the board is going to light up. Surg, Doc, Bobster, Possum , Jolly Roger, Steady Freddy, etc all going to be upset"! I just said "just get dinner ready ready and keep quiet. Game is on at 6:40"
Zeise' job is to stir up interest but you can't get too muddled in his specifics. Obviously, they will move some players at the TDL who have no future with the team. But if Zeise is right about 2004, they could move some players in 2003 rather than this month. Also, Reynolds isn't a FA until 2006 and Bednar isn't a FA until 2007. So by including them in the discussion, Zeise is just trying to raise some eyebrows.
3pirates3

Pirate Moves

Post by 3pirates3 »

"We have activated LHP Dillon Peters from the 15-day injured list and optioned LHP Eric Stout to Triple-A Indianapolis." - Pirates

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1546958358778871811