Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

0B48514A594C5D4B0B380 wrote: Pittsburgh acquires LHP Eric Stout from the Cubs.

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/press ... eric-stout

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... out-000eri
29 year old career minor leaguer. But teams are always willing to take a flier on LHPs.
MaineBucs

Pirate Moves

Post by MaineBucs »

And now Jared Eickhoff has been added to the 40 man roster and recalled from AAA, presumably to start tomorrow night's game in lieu of Thompson.

Bryce Wilson's inability to pitch effectively is hurting the Pirate's chances as well as his own career. Gotta hope for the best with Eickhoff.
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

674B43444F685F49592A0 wrote: And now Jared Eickhoff has been added to the 40 man roster and recalled from AAA, presumably to start tomorrow night's game in lieu of Thompson.

Bryce Wilson's inability to pitch effectively is hurting the Pirate's chances as well as his own career.   Gotta hope for the best with Eickhoff. 
He was a below average starter for the Phillies for a few years and hasn't been fooling AAA batters this year (ERA 4.84). But I guess the Pirates need a body to start. Probably go 3 innings.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: And now Jared Eickhoff has been added to the 40 man roster and recalled from AAA, presumably to start tomorrow night's game in lieu of Thompson.

Bryce Wilson's inability to pitch effectively is hurting the Pirate's chances as well as his own career.   Gotta hope for the best with Eickhoff. 
He was a below average starter for the Phillies for a few years and hasn't been fooling AAA batters this year (ERA 4.84). But I guess the Pirates need a body to start. Probably go 3 innings.
Hey, maybe the bucs can score 12 runs again and win the game 12-11 :D
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

6E50555D4E56565D7D584F5C0B390 wrote: And now Jared Eickhoff has been added to the 40 man roster and recalled from AAA, presumably to start tomorrow night's game in lieu of Thompson.

I believe that's the plan tonight. :)
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

476A67767160773734050 wrote: And now Jared Eickhoff has been added to the 40 man roster and recalled from AAA, presumably to start tomorrow night's game in lieu of Thompson.

I believe that's the plan tonight. :)
I'll take it!!!
MaineBucs

Pirate Moves

Post by MaineBucs »

While it may mean nothing with respect to other future moves that the team will need to make to address the return of other veterans from the IL, I find it encouraging that when it came time to add Eickhoff for tonight's game that they chose to designate Hembree and his $2+ mil contract rather than sending DeLosSantos or Veiaux back to AAA.

Hope that Eickhoff can hold the Cubs to no more than 2 runs in 4 innings.
3pirates3

Pirate Moves

Post by 3pirates3 »

"We have selected RHP Austin Brice from Triple-A Indianapolis.

To make room on both the 26- and 40-man rosters, RHP Jerad Eickhoff has been designated for assignment." - Pirates

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1540415010437996545

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... au01.shtml
fjk090852-7

Pirate Moves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6C52575F4C54545F7F5A4D5E093B0 wrote: ^ weeks until the trade deadline- Will be interesting to see who

are the lucky ones to go
6 weeks
I think the Bucs could move 3 or 4 veteran players prior to or at the deadline. I could see them moving Quintana, Gemmel, Vogelbach as well as Newman. I don’t think they will get any top players for these players, but they could fetch a serviceable pitcher or two.
agreed but because Newman has hardly played this season, it might be difficult to move him
Ben Cherington on his Sunday radio show, mentioned that some of the veteran players on the IL may soon be returning. If and when they return, I think it would be a short period because I am going to assume some of them will be traded or designated for assignment. There are a couple teams needing a shortstop due to their player being injured, so I believe Newman maybe one of the first Pirates to be moved. I also think Gemmel may be moved shortly after he as activated. I think Yoshi may end up being designated for assignment.
fjk090852-7

Pirate Moves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Jason Mackey on his Twitter account says that VanMeter is to be activated for tonight’s game in Washington. I wonder who gets sent out?