Official Game Thread - 6/3 - Bucs vs Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I may not make it to the end. Mrs. Possum wants to do some Netflix and chill in a few minutes. It's not very often that I get to chill! :D :D :D :D

You take over the play-by-play WWD2.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

We could use some insurance
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Who needs insurance 4-3 Bucs

RAISE IT
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4 in a row

Surg is off the hook
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I had to check the game. It looks like the "Curse of Surg" and been broken. No matter what they do tomorrow Surg, they have won the series. Have on on me Surg. [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Going to need some runs tomorrow.

It was a bullpen game today- Used 7 relievers

Bednar and Holderman won't be available tomorrow
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Dang, I had to go out for awhile just after the delay was over and couldn’t post along with everyone. I had to suffer through listening to Joe Block call the game. Good to return home to follow the final two outs on Gameday. I’m always happy to win two out of three because to expect sweeps is unrealistic, but I’m greedy for that third win tomorrow.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I guess we haven to rely on Surg
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

RAISE THEJOLLY ROGER!!!!

Bullpen will be pretty thin tomorrow though. I'm guessing De Los Santos, Ramirez, Hernandez, and Zastryzny are the only guys available based on how much work they have had in the first two games.

I would not be surprised to wake up and find Perdomo sent down, Villalobos brought up. They could also send Yerry back down too, DFA Mathias to make room on the 40 for a pitcher from Indy or Altoona, and bring up Mitchell or Smith-Njigba.

You never know with baseball, but I think if the Bucs are to win tomorrow, it will have to be via a slugfest.

You could just feel Holderman was going to get burned. He seemed to not be as sharp from working the night before, couldn't put guys away. Then when Reynolds was left still standing at second base after a lead off double, courtesy of Chris Stratton unbelievably striking out three guys in a row, it felt even more uneasy.

PNC Park deserves part of that save, because Bednar wasn't exactly fooling anyone.

BTW, I told you I'm no jinx.

I'm also watching the replay, and the television cameras made the rain seem worse than it was. Of course, whoever made the call to put the tarp out doesn't have the benefit of hindsight, but there was no reason to stop the game at that junction IMHO.

Making a rare Sunday appearance, going for the sweep :)
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Winning 4 in a row is sweet, particularly with the last 2 wins coming against the Cards. Cards should be doing better with a 2-3-4 that features Goldschmidt - Gorman - Arenado.

Good to see nearly 25,000 at the game tonight, regardless if they were there for the bobblehead or to cheer for the Bucs.

Likely hoping for too much good fortune by the Bucs getting a sweep, but perhaps they can pick up some more wins with the A's coming to town.