7/22 Game Thread - Future Weekend, Part 1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

After leaving with 1 ER in 6 innings, I suppose we'd all be talking about what a great game Cole pitched if the Bucs had won 2-1.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6E4F476E454D2A0 wrote: Has nothing to do with the opposing pitcher and being out pitched. The Pirates didn't hit. They had three hits total. Not really Coles fault or that he pitched worse.

Cole did his job. The position players didn't do theirs.

They didn't hit because Eflin pitched the way we all hoped Cole would pitch especially against a team like the Phillies.

This.

Pitchers do go against each other. I'm not gonna diminish Kuhl's start Sunday by saying it doesn't matter who he was pitching against. The team that gets the best pitching wins. Cole pitched well. But he was out pitched by the other guy. That's what makes last Sunday so special.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Nola out pitched Glasnow on Saturday. Nola is on the hook in losing.

The Pirates bats showed up, that was the difference. No way can one say Glasnow was better and that is why he got the no decision.
PMike

Post by PMike »

I think Nicasio has had a real nice year for the Bucs. He was solid as a started (and got pulled from the rotation when he needed to be) and he has performed really well out of the pen. He has been a big part of the pitching staff this year doing some very different things.