Locke is so frustrating

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

Locke is so frustrating

Post by iabucco »

Last night was really frustrating. Locke shouldn't be in the lineup but as Dognot pointed out you had a bad bounce with Freeze, a poor tag with Kang and Marte dropping a ball he could have caught. The other thing that has been a big issue for over a year is the stupidity in the field. Marte threw to third allowing Kemp to move to second and Polanco missed the cutoff man also allowing a runner to move into scoring position when he had no chance at nailing Kemp at home. It was also debatable whether Joyce's throw should have been cut off. I just don't get how they can keep making these mistakes. They are playing so sloppy and uninspired.

This team is frustrating to watch and gives teams extra chances to score with the plays they make in the field. The pitching is not good enough to do that.
BucAndEer

Locke is so frustrating

Post by BucAndEer »

The Pirates have to make a move today to get Vogelsong on the roster, and as far as I can tell, there are only three realistic options:

1.) Option Moroff or Rivero to Indy

2.) Put Harrison on the 15-day DL with that leg injury, or

3.) DFA Locke
Steve19981

Locke is so frustrating

Post by Steve19981 »

I've defended Locke in the past and I do think his general body of work as a Pirate has been better than he is given credit for. However, he's toast and a likely offseason nontender. Time to DFA him and hope someone else grabs him. Otherwise, he gets the Jose Tabata treatment till Sept.