Official Game Thread 7/25/2021 Pirates vs. Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote: Maybe we could trade Underwood to the Giants as a BP pitcher.
This game reminds me of the days of CH and NH. They just seem satisfied with wining the series so they just don't even try to win today. Bringing in Underwood was a sure sign they could care less about wining this game. I just don't get why you wouldn't try and really get on a role. But no hey we won 2 more than we thought we would so lets mail this one in. Not a manager who has a winners instincts. I'm so tired of these aholes.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4A525057574051564B4A5C390 wrote: Maybe we could trade Underwood to the Giants as a BP pitcher.
This game reminds me of the days of CH and NH.  They just seem satisfied with wining the series so they just don't even try to win today.   Bringing in Underwood was a sure sign they could care less about wining this game.  I just don't get why you wouldn't try and really get on a role.   But no hey we won 2 more than we thought we would so lets mail this one in.  Not a manager who has a winners instincts.  I'm so tired of these aholes.
I thought the same thing. Seems any time they have a chance to sweep, Shelton benches whoever is hitting. Polanco has been so bad all year and he finally started to hit so he had to sit today. Winning seems to be irrelevant to Shelton. Maybe he does that so that as bad as his record will be, he can say they weren't really trying to win but were more concerned with evaluating players and resting them.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

765B56474051460605340 wrote: Maybe we could trade Underwood to the Giants as a BP pitcher.
This game reminds me of the days of CH and NH.  They just seem satisfied with wining the series so they just don't even try to win today.   Bringing in Underwood was a sure sign they could care less about wining this game.  I just don't get why you wouldn't try and really get on a role.   But no hey we won 2 more than we thought we would so lets mail this one in.  Not a manager who has a winners instincts.  I'm so tired of these aholes.
I thought the same thing. Seems any time they have a chance to sweep, Shelton benches whoever is hitting. Polanco has been so bad all year and he finally started to hit so he had to sit today. Winning seems to be irrelevant to Shelton. Maybe he does that so that as bad as his record will be, he can say they weren't really trying to win but were more concerned with evaluating players and resting them.
Maybe Polanco is tired after stealing all those bases :D