Game Day Thread - Bucs @ Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

083D2A2A21182A2A21262A4F0 wrote: This team is really hard to watch. It's like they all gave up once the trade deadline passed and they realized they were still here. I really thought the young people would play with more energy.

I'm not sure what "playing energy" means.  If it means "excitement," then I'm not sure how much it matters.  A person can be enthusiastic about their work, but not as good at it as their boss- in this case, fans- want them to be.  So what if they're ""rah rah."  Other players might not "play with energy," but they're good.  I'll take that any day.

162 is a grind, and this is August.  I would think that the constant beat down by opponents can't be easy for a player of any level, of any experience.  They're over-matched, and it's obvious.

They know that a Hall Of Famer considers them "Nothing."  Worse than "Nothing," collectively a "Hodgepodge."  He isn't alone. 

Didn't need to be this way, but it's become this.

The tough part- the solution would be getting better talent on the team.  That means that some of them would go.  They know it.  The Pirates aren't under many microscopes, but some of these guys are at least under the magnifying glass.  They know that their days are numbered.  So, I wouldn't blame them if it's wearing on them.

Gotta admit getting bashed by the press and fans constantly doesn’t help. Players read these pages to see what is being said about them. Regardless if they are getting paid for what they do, getting told you suck every day isn’t fun. Take it from someone that is married
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Most nights I am disappointed when I watch the Bucs and they lose, often badly.

Every day when I wake up I am hopeful, for way too brief of a time, that Shelton has been fired.

Clearly, Shelton is not the only problem, but he is a problem that can be corrected tomorrow.

For the majority of my 48 year career I have had the responsibility of hiring, managing and terminating employees. Most times it was only a handful of employees because I have worked for smaller communities. Only twice did I ever look forward to telling someone that I was firing them, but in all cases I concluded that the action was necessary to accomplish our work.

I don't know why BC has concluded that Shelton is an asset. I think he is wrong. And, in Shelton's case, if he is 'let go', he still gets a year of pay.