Locke is so frustrating

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Locke is so frustrating

Post by CarolinaBucco »

My problem is not why did they Locke back out for the 5th, my problem is HOW IN THE WORLD did front office/Hurdle agree to let him start again? It's just idiotic. I don't understand it.

BRAULT IS WAY BETTER THAN LOCKE. And I'm not saying Brault is the next Sandy Koufax. I'm just saying he's better than Jeff Locke.

Unbelievably frustrating.

I knew this would happen tonight. Just knew it. It's almost like the Pirates were just willing to forfeit the game by starting Locke.

And I imagine tomorrow night will be more of the same ...
fjk090852-7

Locke is so frustrating

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Locke has to go. He does not deserve any additional starts this season. If they don't want to dfa him then send him to the bullpen and non tender him this off season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Locke is so frustrating

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Four hits. Three in the first, one in the second. Four hits.
ArnoldRothstein

Locke is so frustrating

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: I'm a big Hurdle guy but things like this tonight make you wonder if he is really capable of taking this team to the next level.

Next level up or down?
rucker59@gmail.com

Locke is so frustrating

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

353E363A3F3E256066112830393E3E7F323E510 wrote: Four hits. Three in the first, one in the second. Four hits.

4 runs. Pirates spot Locke to a 4-0 lead. It's gone before the 5th is over.
rucker59@gmail.com

Locke is so frustrating

123524202538073324252538410 wrote: Yep this is why this team is going to miss the playoffs this season games like this tonight. Let's keep trotting Locke out there. Why not give him 10 more starts to close out the year. This game tonight is strictly on Hurdle for giving the ball to Locke once again when he had no business starting this game.

I'm thinking Locke and Vogelsong were thrust upon Clint as a deadline gift. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think this is on Clint.
rucker59@gmail.com

Locke is so frustrating

Or maybe I'm wrong - Clint decides to let Nicasio pitch another inning. Make that score 8-4! What a bullpen!

I guess I'll just not think about the Mets losing, the Marlins lost; the Dodgers lost and the Rockies are winning! Rockies will catch the Pirates tonight.
Ecbucs

Locke is so frustrating

Post by Ecbucs »

4348404C4948531610675E464F4848094448270 wrote: Bad bounce on Freese, bad okay off the wall by Joyce, Marte dropped a fly ball, bad tag by Kang, and the offense has four hits.

Tough to win any game playing like this.

especially when the Braves don't make any mistakes like these.
CTBucco

Locke is so frustrating

Post by CTBucco »

3E353D3134352E6B6D1A233B3235357439355A0 wrote: Bad bounce on Freese, bad okay off the wall by Joyce, Marte dropped a fly ball, bad tag by Kang, and the offense has four hits.

Tough to win any game playing like this.
Only 5 hits yesterday. The offense is slumping at a terrible time, though with this year's rotation, there hasn't been a time they could withstand a team-wide (excepting Joyce) slump.
skinnyhorse

Locke is so frustrating

Post by skinnyhorse »

6265737B7562252950777D71797C3E737F7D100 wrote: Yep this is why this team is going to miss the playoffs this season games like this tonight. Let's keep trotting Locke out there. Why not give him 10 more starts to close out the year. This game tonight is strictly on Hurdle for giving the ball to Locke once again when he had no business starting this game.

I'm thinking Locke and Vogelsong were thrust upon Clint as a deadline gift.  Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think this is on Clint.

No this is on Hurdle I've seen him do this many times over the past few years. He just doen't seem to understand every win is precious and could be the difference in going to the a five game playoff or a one game playoff. I've seen guys lots of managers bring in a righty to pitch to a righthanded hitter and switch to a lefthanded pitcher for a lefty in the 5th and 6th innings to perserve a lead. I can't remember ever seeing Hurdle do this especially in a regular season game. He just doesn't value games like I think he should and most other managers do. Now I've seen guys like McClendon over manage but we've got the other end of the spectrum here. Mac was the worst manager I ever saw.