7/22 Game Thread - Future Weekend, Part 1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

3E392F27293E79750C2B212D2520622F23214C0 wrote: Second complete game by Eflin?

Kind of start we were hoping from Cole.... Cole pitched decent tonight and wasn't bad. The offense has to do a better job of scoring runs. I'll give Eflin credit he pitched good but this offense since the break has flat out stunk. Cutch has to hit better it starts with him it's as simple as that. Still got 2 games left in this series and 4 games left on this homestand. So far through 4 games we are 2-2 which is not good enough gotta be better. Gotta win 3 of these next 4. Very important to do so.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

29202839374D0 wrote: 1) cutch blows a route, a throw, or a catch 2-3 times a week.   Wake up, FO.   You're killing this outfield because you don't want to hurt poor whittle cutchs feewings!

2) caminero is not a good pitcher.    He allows a ton of baserunners.   Get rid of him   we can easily do better

3)  Hughes is the opposite of caminero, but equally ineffective.   Crazy luck numbers past couple years and no longer.   We can do better... easily.

4) we are going to win this game
3/4 not bad 75 percent
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates have to win these next two games it's very critical that they do. The four teams they are chasing in the wildcard race are playing each other as the Mets are playing Miami and LA is playing the Cardinals. By winning these next two games you're going to at least gain a game or two on 2 of these 4 teams as opposed to losing the next 2 and losing a game or two in the standings to them. Critical next two games gotta find a way to win both of them.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hurdle just confirmed in his post game that Glasnow will get the start tomorrow. It will be curious to see who the Bucs send down in favor of Glasnow .
BucAndEer

Post by BucAndEer »

694E5F5B5E437C485F5E5E433A0 wrote: Hurdle just confirmed in his post game that Glasnow will get the start tomorrow. It will be curious to see who the Bucs send down in favor of Glasnow .
Or designate for assignment.

Am I right that the only reliever who still has options is Schugel?

Part of me wonders if they make room for him by shortening the bench and sending Frazier back down for 10 days.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7E495F7D525879594E3C0 wrote: Hurdle just confirmed in his post game that Glasnow will get the start tomorrow. It will be curious to see who the Bucs send down in favor of Glasnow .
Or designate for assignment.

Am I right that the only reliever who still has options is Schugel?

Part of me wonders if they make room for him by shortening the bench and sending Frazier back down for 10 days.
short bench? Neither NH or Clint have ever heard of such a thing.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I was wondering if Locke can be optioned without any kind of consent. I'm not the best at figuring this stuff, but it seems he might have been optioned twice and have less than four years service?
BucAndEer

Post by BucAndEer »

6C5F434241497F4259455E594844432D0 wrote: I was wondering if Locke can be optioned without any kind of consent.  I'm not the best at figuring this stuff, but  it seems he might have been optioned twice and have less than four years service?

I'm pretty sure they've burned all three of Locke's option years, the last of which I think was in 2014. So, they'd have to DFA/waive him, and since this is his sixth year of MLB service time, he can refuse an outright assignment to AAA and either become a free agent immediately or remain on the 25-man roster.

EDIT: My mistake, I forgot that they can't DFA someone if the corresponding transaction is to recall an optioned player, which Glasnow is. So they're either going to have to option someone (Schugel or Frazier, you'd think) or put someone on the DL with either a real or a phantom injury.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6A6D7B737D6A2D21587F75797174367B7775180 wrote: Second complete game by Eflin?

Kind of start we were hoping from Cole....

Yes, that was Elfin's 2nd complete game. Guy has 8 starts and 2 of them have been complete games.

By the way, great sitting with you and your son. Glad to see dad and son enjoying and bonding while watching a great game and sport. Kinda like my dad and I.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Great visiting with you Possum!

We can blame this loss on me sitting in the wrong seat but mostly J not having his Jolly Roger to wave. As soon as we realized we left it behind we knew the game was lost. But still good to see ya!