Vogelsong Today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Vogelsong Today

Post by RichD »

Yeah , Voggy had them in it but the Pirates bats pretty much suck .We needed a 3 run blast somewhere in the game . We just dont have much in the way of big plays .Grinding is tough to do on a 162.
SteadyFreddy

Vogelsong Today

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates now need to go 5-2 this week against both the Astros and Brewers to make up for this sweep at the hands of the Marlins this weekend. The way the Pirates absolutely play terrible in Milwaukee I have a hard time seeing them winning 3 out of 4 there. This is another week that could either keep the Pirates in this race and continue to give us hope, or it could be a week where the Pirates fall further behind and slip further in the standings.
skinnyhorse

Vogelsong Today

Post by skinnyhorse »

This team is just about as bad as I've seen. When the pitching is good the hitting disappears, when they are hitting the pitching disappears it's just ridiculous and a good manager would figure this out but we don't have a good manager. I'm done with Hurdle please find a real manager.
DemDog

Vogelsong Today

Post by DemDog »

55707373664D70787A6D1F0 wrote: This is why baseball will drive you crazy. The Bucs have a disasterous 1-5 trip to Milwaukee and Atlanta; they go to LA & SF and dominate going 5-1. Then they come home hot; Marlins come in cold having lost 3 out of 4 to the Reds; and the Bucs lob the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. Sooooo frustrating!!

So I can tell my wife that baseball not her has driven me crazy! ?
BenM

Vogelsong Today

Post by BenM »

Summary of this season, three steps forward, three steps back.

Quail

Vogelsong Today

Post by Quail »

7A5B537A51593E0 wrote: This is why baseball will drive you crazy. The Bucs have a disasterous 1-5 trip to Milwaukee and Atlanta; they go to LA & SF and dominate going 5-1. Then they come home hot; Marlins come in cold having lost 3 out of 4 to the Reds; and the Bucs lob the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. Sooooo frustrating!!

So I can tell my wife that baseball not her has driven me crazy!  ?

Possum, if your wife is anything like my wife she'll be very disappointed to hear that! :D
Bobster21

Vogelsong Today

Post by Bobster21 »

4E6F674E656D0A0 wrote:

It's worth a shot!
DemDog

Vogelsong Today

Post by DemDog »

4561757D78140 wrote: This is why baseball will drive you crazy. The Bucs have a disasterous 1-5 trip to Milwaukee and Atlanta; they go to LA & SF and dominate going 5-1. Then they come home hot; Marlins come in cold having lost 3 out of 4 to the Reds; and the Bucs lob the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. Sooooo frustrating!!

Possum, if your wife is anything like my wife she'll be very disappointed to hear that!  :D

I told her what I wrote about being crazy. She just laughed loudly. We have been married for almost 45 years (in November) and she has been an absolute angel to share my life with. When we got married I got the better end of the deal. Believe it or not she agrees with me. ;D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Vogelsong Today

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I wish the Pirates would have started Vogelsong when I wanted him to start. The team could be in a different situation. Vogelsong has done very well as a starter.

It was a good series against the Marlins. Sucks they lost them all, but wasn't like they were blow outs. And the Pirates only fell one game back from where they were.
SteadyFreddy

Vogelsong Today

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: I wish the Pirates would have started Vogelsong when I wanted him to start.  The team could be in a different situation.  Vogelsong has done very well as a starter.

It was a good series against the Marlins.  Sucks they lost them all, but wasn't like they were blow outs.  And the Pirates only fell one game back from where they were. they fell two games back actually they started the weekend 1 game back of the Cards and ended the weekend 3 games back. Yes all 3 games were close games but you don't get credit for wins for playing games close. Not a devastating weekend by any stretch but it certainly didn't help the Pirates playoffs chances at all getting swept at home by a team they are fighting with for a wildcard spot. Things like that simply can't happen at this time of the year with only 6 weeks or so left.