Indians acquire Bruce

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Tribe lost Brantley to twisted ankle. They immediately go out and acquire Bruce, giving up a pitching prospect and take on remainder of Bruce's salary.

Impressive.

SteadyFreddy

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates could have easily made that move seeing who the Tribe gave up to give him. Bruce might not fit into a crowded outfield but having him on the team makes the Pirates much better then they are right now especially off the bench.
Speedloader88

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by Speedloader88 »

It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....
PMike

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by PMike »

61425757565E5D535657400A0A320 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

That's ridiculous. It's not going to be an ugly PR day. They Pirates have no need for Bruce today. Guaranteed this trade wasn't on the table months ago. Now that the Mets are way out of it, they are willing to trade guys. They Pirates do not need another 4th outfielder for the remainder of this season.
rucker59@gmail.com

Indians acquire Bruce

65785C5E50350 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

That's ridiculous. It's not going to be an ugly PR day.  They Pirates have no need for Bruce today.  Guaranteed this trade wasn't on the table months ago.  Now that the Mets are way out of it, they are willing to trade guys.  They Pirates do not need another 4th outfielder for the remainder of this season.

Been talking about it on radio this morning....

Bruce is not the interesting aspect of this move - it's that Cleveland went out and immediately filled a need. Of course the Pirates haven't had any unexpected needs this season.....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You don't think timing has anything to do with that?

Why didn't the Mets trade Bruce to the Nationals in April? I guess they didn't want that Single A 22 year old pitcher then.

This just proves the market for position players is so low right now. Every team could have had Bruce off of waivers. It wasn't until an injury occurred that he was moved. Sad, because Bruce is a fine ball player having a very good year.
Jerseykc

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by Jerseykc »

2E252D2124253E7B7D0A332B2225256429254A0 wrote: You don't think timing has anything to do with that?

Why didn't the Mets trade Bruce to the Nationals in April?  I guess they didn't want that Single A 22 year old pitcher then. 

This just proves the market for position players is so low right now.  Every team could have had Bruce off of waivers.  It wasn't until an injury occurred that he was moved.  Sad, because Bruce is a fine ball player having a very good year.

The word here in NYC is that Mets want to try to sign Bruce back next season. But now that he's back in Ohio...he might want to stay as Cleveland has the look of a long-term playoff team
dmetz

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by dmetz »

607D595B55300 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

That's ridiculous. It's not going to be an ugly PR day.  They Pirates have no need for Bruce today.  Guaranteed this trade wasn't on the table months ago.  Now that the Mets are way out of it, they are willing to trade guys.  They Pirates do not need another 4th outfielder for the remainder of this season.

You're right.  They need Bruce or someone like him in the playoffs, but they have no chance of that anyway.   And Polanco definitely isn't going to be hurt again and miss any time.  No chance of that.

3 games out of 1sf with 47 left to play.   No chance. No point in trying. Glad nobody in the NL put a claim in on Bruce
rucker59@gmail.com

Indians acquire Bruce

48414958562C0 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

You're right.  They need Bruce or someone like him in the playoffs, but they have no chance of that anyway.   And Polanco definitely isn't going to be hurt again and miss any time.  No chance of that.

3 games out of 1sf with 47 left to play.   No chance.  No point in trying.   Glad nobody in the NL put a claim in on Bruce

It's crazy but the Pirates can win this division. I like the two additions, but this is no time to be scraping by - I'd love to have Bruce right now, and at that "costs" I wish the Pirates claimed him. Need an OFer if we make the playoffs.

I don't think I understand anyone that would not be interested in acquiring Bruce. He would makes this a better team.
dmetz

Indians acquire Bruce

Post by dmetz »

111600080611565A23040E020A0F4D000C0E630 wrote: It's going to be an ugly PR day for the Ole Buccos and they deserve everything they're gonna get today.....

3 games out of 1sf with 47 left to play.   No chance.  No point in trying.   Glad nobody in the NL put a claim in on Bruce

It's crazy but the Pirates can win this division. I like the two additions, but this is no time to be scraping by - I'd love to have Bruce right now, and at that "costs" I wish the Pirates claimed him.   Need an OFer if we make the playoffs.

I don't think I understand anyone that would not be interested in acquiring Bruce.  He would makes this a better team.

SRod will be playing LF if we make the playoffs. He was the deadline acquisition that cheaply covers several possible needs and serves as insurance. He meets all of our criteria as an org.