Official Game Thread - 9/23 - Bucs @ Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7045525259605252595E52370 wrote: When you dump your best relief pitcher, this is what you have left.  No lead is safe. 
What good would it have done if we had kept Rich Rod? We areI believe 34 1/2 games out.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What good?

For one, maybe we wouldn't be blowing this many games when we have large leads.

***Some*** of us at least want to win, FCOL.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

596C7B7B70497B7B70777B1E0 wrote: What good?

For one, maybe we wouldn't be blowing this many games when we have large leads.

***Some*** of us at least want to win, FCOL.
So you are ok keeping a guy when he would only be used in games when we had a late inning lead which are few and far between. What is the difference between finishing 35 games out or 30. Plus we received a pretty good pitcher from the Braves. Also the bucs lost this game much earlier than when R Rod would have been used. Try again
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I am OK in doing what it takes to win.

If I have only one to choose from- A) Make a reasonable attempt to win now, or B) talk about maybe winning someday, I will choose Option A every single time. 

We might not win with Option A, but I am OK with making the reasonable attempt to.

I suppose that I ought to be surprised that a Hall Of Fame coach doesn't know that it is better to win games than to lose them.  It's hard to expect players to give their all when no one around them in an organization does.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

546176767D4476767D7A76130 wrote: I am OK in doing what it takes to win.

If I have only one to choose from- A) Make a reasonable attempt to win now, or B) talk about maybe winning someday, I will choose Option A every single time. 

We might not win with Option A, but I am OK with making the reasonable attempt to.

I suppose that I ought to be surprised that a Hall Of Fame coach doesn't know that it is better to win games than to lose them.  It's hard to expect players to give their all when no one around them in an organization does.
Certain things aren't even worth discussing- this is one of them