21 Games Remain

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

21 Games Remain

Post by Bobster21 »

48434B474243581D1B6C554D444343024F432C0 wrote: I'm glad Hurdle is such a good motivator.  ::)

Do you think motivation trumps talent?
I think there's enough talent there to do better than 10-19 since 8/29.
SteadyFreddy

21 Games Remain

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I do think another sub .500 season will definitely put Hurdle on notice going into the 2018 season. I think that is the earliest they would consider making a possible change. Another sub par season like this and Hurdle's job security could definitely start to be in danger as it should be.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

21 Games Remain

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

00273632372A15213637372A530 wrote: I do think another sub .500 season will definitely put Hurdle on notice going into the 2018 season. I think that is the earliest they would consider making a possible change. Another sub par season like this and Hurdle's job security could definitely start to be in danger as it should be.

That's a shame if true. It would suck to start over again.
SteadyFreddy

21 Games Remain

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yep let's hope it doesn't come to that. I like Clint a lot and hope this thing gets turned around this time next season.
Bobster21

21 Games Remain

Post by Bobster21 »

I think Hurdle's job is safe for as long as he wants it. Even in this sub .500 season, there are fans applauding the team for being in the WC race. Even tho the Pirates made no attempt other than having the teams ahead of them not leave them in the dust until the Pirates took care of that themselves. This regime wants a competitive team at minimal cost. And now that there are 2 WC teams, even a bad season like this one can arguably be said to be competitive. That's good enough for the best mgt team in baseball. Hurdle is safe.
SteadyFreddy

21 Games Remain

Post by SteadyFreddy »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: I think Hurdle's job is safe for as long as he wants it. Even in this sub .500 season, there are fans applauding the team for being in the WC race. Even tho the Pirates made no attempt other than having the teams ahead of them not leave them in the dust until the Pirates took care of that themselves. This regime wants a competitive team at minimal cost. And now that there are 2 WC teams, even a bad season like this one can arguably be said to be competitive. That's good enough for the best mgt team in baseball. Hurdle is safe. Pretty pathetic if you ask me if that really truly is how they actually think. I hope you're wrong to a certain extent but I don't think your comments are that far off base at all.
Bobster21

21 Games Remain

Post by Bobster21 »

75524347425F60544342425F260 wrote: I think Hurdle's job is safe for as long as he wants it. Even in this sub .500 season, there are fans applauding the team for being in the WC race. Even tho the Pirates made no attempt other than having the teams ahead of them not leave them in the dust until the Pirates took care of that themselves. This regime wants a competitive team at minimal cost. And now that there are 2 WC teams, even a bad season like this one can arguably be said to be competitive. That's good enough for the best mgt team in baseball. Hurdle is safe. Pretty pathetic if you ask me if that really truly is how they actually think. I hope you're wrong to a certain extent but I don't think your comments are that far off base at all.

I hope I'm wrong too. But, sadly, I don't see any evidence that I am. :(
dogknot17@yahoo.co

21 Games Remain

It is also a shame how negative this country is right now.

Six seasons. Built a team into the playoffs. Three playoff appearances. Manager of the Year. Runner Up to Manager of the Year. Has a .500 record - FIRE HIM.

Bring back Lamont, McClendon, Tracey, Russell. They are probably cheaper too. So much negativity.
SCBucco

21 Games Remain

Post by SCBucco »

6A61696560617A3F394E776F666161206D610E0 wrote: It is also a shame how negative this country is right now.

Six seasons. Built a team into the playoffs. Three playoff appearances. Manager of the Year. Runner Up to Manager of the Year. Has a .500 record - FIRE HIM.

Bring back Lamont, McClendon, Tracey, Russell. They are probably cheaper too. So much negativity.

I don't blame this disappointing season on Hurdle.  Has he made questionable mistakes?  Sure.  I blame this on our GM and ownership.  I really don't think Nutting wants to take the next step and is fine with just having a competitive team ... if they make the play-offs, great, but ... as long as the team draws fans, I'm happy.  He failed miserably taking the next step and continuing the momentum.  You call it negativity.  It's reality with the cheapskate. How you defend the FO continues to amaze me.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

21 Games Remain

I was defending Hurdle. I'm not even a big Hurdle fan with some of his moves, but no way does he deserve to be fired.

It amazes me how people don't see what the management team has done after being handed nothing. It's like people blame the twenty years of losing on them today. Three playoff appearances was just an accident to you. You can't even appreciate what they have done, where they came from, and what the future looks like. That is amazing to me.

Their plan didn't work. In the end so will 29 other teams fail on their plan.