7/22 Game Thread - Future Weekend, Part 1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I would have left Cole in another inning. He wasn't at a high pitch count yet and they didn't need to bat for him yet down only 1-0. If they aren't going to dump Locke for Glasnow tomorrow either Hughes or Caminero can get sent down again. Both have just been too inconsistent for my liking.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

40677672776A55617677776A130 wrote: Cutch takes the wrong route on a fly ball hit to him that should have been caught and it ends up costing the Pirates another damn run. Very frustrating. Caminero starting to slip back into his old ways of coming in and giving up runs. I still don't feel comfortable when he comes in the game.

Cutch needs to vacate center field. I hate to say that but it's true. I can't imagine Clint ever doing it, but he's just not playing the position well enough.
rucker59@gmail.com

585F49414F581F136A4D474B4346044945472A0 wrote: Eflin is making us look bad so far..

64 pitches through 6....

Pirates Gotta do something different. 

74 through 7..... :P
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

who is this cy eflin guy never heard of him >:( >:( >:(
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

1) cutch blows a route, a throw, or a catch 2-3 times a week. Wake up, FO. You're killing this outfield because you don't want to hurt poor whittle cutchs feewings!

2) caminero is not a good pitcher. He allows a ton of baserunners. Get rid of him we can easily do better

3) Hughes is the opposite of caminero, but equally ineffective. Crazy luck numbers past couple years and no longer. We can do better... easily.

4) we are going to win this game
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not looking good in this one tonight. Gotta get the next 2 in this series. Need the young guys to step up the next two games and need the bats to come to life as well. The Pirates can't continue to win one game then lose the next game. Need to start stacking some wins in a row here soon.
rucker59@gmail.com

Bad loss. Must win next two.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

I'm ready for it to blown up. This team is playing fat and happy baseball.

Let's trade every non rookie except Cole, Kang, Mercerand the outfielders. I've got no problem with them trading all seven members of the bullpen.

This team is too good to play pedestrian baseball. Punt them all.
rucker59@gmail.com

Second complete game by Eflin?

Kind of start we were hoping from Cole....
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Way to go Niese make a 2 run game which is still doable a 4-0 game and totally put this game out of reach. All three guys used tonight Caminero, Hughes and Niese are all expendable. Niese can't be pitching out of the pen like he did tonight and give up a homerun in a tight game in the 9th inning. I'm so sick of Hurdle using both Locke and Niese and it costing the Pirates games more and more. Starting to get very annoying.