Which one would you like to have {wishful thinking}

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Singing unicorns cost money....either that, or someone needs to develop them.

FA's cost money, but at least someone has developed them.

So much for singing unicorns OR FAs in The Burgh. ;)

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

One thing I'd like to add regarding this discussion is that, while we all agree that the Pirates won't sign any of these guys, nor any other free agent of this caliber, there's no question in my mind that the team could. The Pirates most definitely have the money to do it. However, the owner will never permit it because he prefers to avoid the risk that comes with such a signing.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2B7D6B7F706A7A717C6B597E74787075377A190 wrote: One thing I'd like to add regarding this discussion is that, while we all agree that the Pirates won't sign any of these guys, nor any other free agent of this caliber, there's no question in my mind that the team could.  The Pirates most definitely have the money to do it.  However, the owner will never permit it because he prefers to avoid the risk that comes with such a signing.
No doubt about that
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

If the Pirates would ever sign a Big FA like Bryant . He would end up turning into a Jason Heyward type of player .
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4C6766636366615C7B6E7B6660610F0 wrote: If the Pirates would ever sign a Big FA like Bryant . He would end up turning into a Jason Heyward type of player .

I agree, and none of us should be surprised if that were to happen. That player would have no one else in the line-up to help and would likely be pitched around constantly, especially in close games with runners on base. It's what happened with Brian Giles when he was here. Actually, I'm surprised Brian Reynolds ever gets a pitch to hit now.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

456E6F6A6A6F68557267726F6968060 wrote: If the Pirates would ever sign a Big FA like Bryant . He would end up turning into a Jason Heyward type of player .

If the Bucs were to sign a big FA like Bryant, I'd be happy regardless of the results.

Why?

Because it means that BOB is gone! I'd be happy enough with THAT
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

123433262F2334222A410 wrote: MLB listed the top free agents. Which one will get the biggest contract? Will list their age

I. Javier Baez Mets-28

2.Kris Bryant Giants-29

3 Nick Castellanos Reds-29

4. Carlos Correa Houston-26

5.Kevin Gausman Giants-36

6.Zack Greinke     Houston-3

7.Corey Seager     Dodgers

I would love to have Correa- only 26

Biggest contract-Kris Bryant
I think Correa gets biggest contract because he will get more years. I would take any on the list but my number one would be Bryant.
Correa is the only one I would have off this list. Not sure why it's so hard for you guys to understand if they become free agents that means they have priced themselves out of the market for the team that knows them best. The only way free agents work out is on a short term contract to fill a obvious need. They are all over priced that's why they are free agents.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's true, but so is the reverse :-?. Some clubs fail to win divisions because they price themselves out of competitiveness.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

16282D25362E2E250520372473410 wrote: MLB listed the top free agents. Which one will get the biggest contract? Will list their age

I. Javier Baez Mets-28

2.Kris Bryant Giants-29

I’ll take a 3 yr old Zack Greinke. We would have club control for like 20 years
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

487472746F667069070 wrote: MLB listed the top free agents. Which one will get the biggest contract? Will list their age

I. Javier Baez Mets-28

2.Kris Bryant Giants-29

I’ll take a 3 yr old Zack Greinke.  We would have club control for like 20 years
:D

The 3 year old might toddle but he won't walk as much as our pitchers.