Game Thread - 7/10 -

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by Ecbucs »

Stratton in with a man on base. Not the best case scenario.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I’m starting to develop a great dislike for Willy Adames.
WildwoodDave2

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I think Newman must have been watching film on VanMeter
Bobster21

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirates lose their challenge on the fair vs foul ball because there was not a good camera angle. The decision was "the call stands" rather than "the call is confirmed." I don't think a team should lose its challenge unless the call is confirmed. For all anyone knows, the ball was actually foul. Teams shouldn't be penalized because the umps could not decide the right call so had to let the call stand as is.
WildwoodDave2

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

WE are playing Long Ball again. Nice job Chavis
Ecbucs

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by Ecbucs »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: Pirates lose their challenge on the fair vs foul ball because there was not a good camera angle. The decision was "the call stands" rather than "the call is confirmed." I don't think a team should lose its challenge unless the call is confirmed. For all anyone knows, the ball was actually foul. Teams shouldn't be penalized because the umps could not decide the right call so had to let the call stand as is. 

your point about not losing the challenge is excellent. Would be a positive change to implement next year.
JollyRoger

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by JollyRoger »

Cruz missile with a one handed swing on an outside change up

Impressive!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 7/10 -

5E7B78786D467B737166140 wrote: Cruz missile with a one handed swing on an outside change up

Impressive!!!

He has freakish power. In his time here, we may be witness to the longest HRs in Pirates history.
JollyRoger

Game Thread - 7/10 -

Post by JollyRoger »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Cruz missile with a one handed swing on an outside change up

Impressive!!!

He has freakish power.  In his time here, we may be witness to the longest HRs in Pirates history.

Possibly true.

I was fortunate to see both of Willie Stargell’s home runs that went completely out of Dodger Stadium.

One was a rising line drive bullet that cleared the RF Pavilion roof.

The other one will always remain imbedded in my memory.

It was a majestic towering high blast that cleared the Union 76 Ball on top of the scoreboard in RF. I don’t know if that ball ever came back to earth!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 7/10 -

486D6E6E7B506D656770020 wrote: Cruz missile with a one handed swing on an outside change up

Impressive!!!

He has freakish power.  In his time here, we may be witness to the longest HRs in Pirates history.

Possibly true.

I was fortunate to see both of Willie Stargell’s home runs that went completely out of Dodger Stadium.

One was a rising line drive bullet that cleared the RF Pavilion roof.

The other one will always remain imbedded in my memory.

It was a majestic towering high blast that cleared the Union 76 Ball on top of the scoreboard in RF. I don’t know if that ball ever came back to earth!

I remember the one over the pavilion but I don’t recall the second one. I don’t know if Cruz will for sure duplicate such feats but he sure has the power to.