El Coffee has been decaffeinated

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/gregor ... ht-waivers

And that's a wrap on the final player from the WC game era. I'll miss your smile almost as much as you miss the ball.

But I won't miss you in the lineup. Good luck and thanks for all the fish.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

301611040D01160008630 wrote: https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/gregor ... ht-waivers

And that's a wrap on the final player from the WC game era. I'll miss your smile almost as much as you miss the ball.

:D :D :D Love the reference!

The Pirates just got better. Alford is supposed to come off the IL tomorrow. It appears that's what they were waiting for and Polanco did nothing during that time to save his job.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

082528393E2F38787B4A0 wrote: https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/gregor ... ht-waivers

:D :D :D Love the reference!

The Pirates just got better. Alford is supposed to come off the IL tomorrow. It appears that's what they were waiting for and Polanco did nothing during that time to save his job.
Well, I am glad he's gone, but I have no illusions that the temp who fills in for the job will hit any better, but they will certainly upgrade the OF immensely. So tired of watching every guy on first go to third on singles to RF. So tired of seeing balls that he had to move left or right and field turn into doubles.

Regardless who goes out there, we've at least upgraded half way on the position.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Doc will certainly be happy.

This is long overdue. He fell off a cliff after that shoulder injury, and was a shell of the player he had been, even though that players was, at best, slightly over-average to average.

Would not be surprised to see an AL team take a flyer on him as a bench bat/part-time DH
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1C37202F560 wrote: Doc will certainly be happy.

This is long overdue. He fell off a cliff after that shoulder injury, and was a shell of the player he had been, even though that players was, at best, slightly over-average to average.

Would not be surprised to see an AL team take a flyer on him as a bench bat/part-time DH

agreed Javy, right now doc is dancing in the street and you can bet that he is so excited that he won't get any sleep tonight.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

57696C64776F6F644461766532000 wrote: Doc will certainly be happy.

agreed Javy, right now doc is dancing in the street and you can bet that he is so excited that he won't get any sleep tonight.

I will be anxious to read what Shedman has to say
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Question concerning the Polanco contract? I know if a team picks him up in the next couple days they assume the remainder of his contract. If he gets released and a team picks him up,the new team is only responsible for the player minimum, and the Bucs are on the hook for the difference. What about the 3 million dollar buyout for 2022? Are the Bucs responsible for it ?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4A6C6B7E777B6C7A72190 wrote: https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/gregor ... ht-waivers

In todays game there was a routine fly to Polanco. The runner on second tagged up and went to third. Polanco didn't even try to throw him out. He had to go
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

We better stop the jubilation. Jason Mackey is reporting that if no team selects Polanco he will remain with the Pirates. It sounds like they won’t release him if goes unclaimed.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

060A0B5059505855524D57600 wrote: Question concerning the Polanco contract? I know if a team picks him up in the next couple days they assume the remainder of his contract. If he gets released and a team picks him up,the new team is only responsible for the player minimum, and the Bucs are on the hook for the difference. What about the 3 million dollar buyout for 2022? Are the Bucs responsible for it ?
I was reading up on this. Teams have till Tuesday to claim him, and if they do, they assume the remainder of the contract and all guaranteed money. The three million is guaranteed, so that team would be on the hook for it.

There is no way a team is going to go on the hook for 3 million plus what he's owed for the rest of this season. So Polanco will be a free agent after Tuesday.

He could even re-sign with the Pirates if they are interested in keeping him.

My guess is Polanco will be picked up after Tuesday by an AL team. We're not the only team that picks up stuff from scrap heaps.