Field of Dreams

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Field of Dreams

Post by JollyRoger »

Hope the Onlybucs posters are tuning into the Field of Dreams game on Fox. Awesome pre game and entrance of the teams.

What a great idea by MLB
Surgnbuck

Field of Dreams

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wish I was home in time to see the opening. Watching the game now. It is a cool idea. Almost reminds me about when I heard the old timers talk about the barnstorming days
Javy

Field of Dreams

Post by Javy »

Opening was great. Always liked Field Of Dreams as a smile movie tinged with a sadness about the father/son angle.

Only downer for me was hearing the great James Earl Jones' voice. Now in his 90's, that smooth, deep, fixating, voice has really mellowed.
JollyRoger

Field of Dreams

Post by JollyRoger »

One of the most epic regular season games I have seen.

Wow. What a game!!
IABucFan

Field of Dreams

Post by IABucFan »

I watched the start, and then caught the ending. Great exhibition of MLB and my home state. I really wish MLB would let us watch baseball here though. Six teams blacked out effectively blacks out all ten teams in the central divisions.
Surgnbuck

Field of Dreams

Post by Surgnbuck »

161E1D2A3C193E315F0 wrote: I watched the start, and then caught the ending. Great exhibition of MLB and my home state. I really wish MLB would let us watch baseball here though. Six teams blacked out effectively blacks out all ten teams in the central divisions.
Did you get an email a few weeks back about mlb tv? It had a survey in it about the service. I complained about a couple issues:

1. I'm blacked out with the Pirates, based on my location. However, when I was in Ocean City Maryland, the Nats and Orioles also got blacked out. I wasn't aware that not only is a select team(s) blacked out, but also if you happen to be traveling, you get blacked out based on your standing location.

2. It must have been you, because I also complained there were people who said they had up to six teams blacked out, and they don't even have a MLB team in their state. I talked about this with people when discussing steaming services in general. I was told I was FOS, no service would do that. Apparently, MLB is getting away with it because it's an insulated community. If something like this happened with Fortnite (I honestly couldn't come up with a better equivalent) there'd be congressional involvement.
WildwoodDave2

Field of Dreams

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: I watched the start, and then caught the ending. Great exhibition of MLB and my home state. I really wish MLB would let us watch baseball here though. Six teams blacked out effectively blacks out all ten teams in the central divisions.
Did you get an email a few weeks back about mlb tv? It had a survey in it about the service. I complained about a couple issues:

1. I'm blacked out with the Pirates, based on my location. However, when I was in Ocean City Maryland, the Nats and Orioles also got blacked out. I wasn't aware that not only is a select team(s) blacked out, but also if you happen to be traveling, you get blacked out based on your standing location.

2. It must have been you, because I also complained there were people who said they had up to six teams blacked out, and they don't even have a MLB team in their state. I talked about this with people when discussing steaming services in general. I was told I was FOS, no service would do that. Apparently, MLB is getting away with it because it's an insulated community. If something like this happened with Fortnite (I honestly couldn't come up with a better equivalent) there'd be congressional involvement.
This was a fantastic event and you couldn't have scripted it any better. Was also the most expensive baseball ticket in history. The cost of a ticket was $1400. The Only bucs member who could afford it is Shedman
iabucco

Field of Dreams

Post by iabucco »

Agree, this was a really cool thing for the state. There was a billboard nearby telling MLB to end their blackout policy. I used tonget the Pirate's on mlb but quit and let then know exactly why.

But on the game, it was fun and my wife even watched. We went to the movie in the theater when we were dating and she let me go to sports moviea. ;D. I thought the whole thing was done really well.
SCBucco

Field of Dreams

Post by SCBucco »

2B001718610 wrote: Opening was great. Always liked Field Of Dreams as a smile movie tinged with a sadness about the father/son angle.

Only downer for me was hearing the great James Earl Jones' voice. Now in his 90's, that smooth, deep, fixating, voice has really mellowed.

Lots of love for JEJ ... that voice of his back in the day was awesome. Maybe they could have gone Moran Freeman voice instead.

I wonder what a Field of Nightmares Game would look like.
WildwoodDave2

Field of Dreams

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7969685F4949452A0 wrote: Opening was great. Always liked Field Of Dreams as a smile movie tinged with a sadness about the father/son angle.

Lots of love for JEJ ... that voice of his back in the day was awesome.  Maybe they could have gone Moran Freeman voice instead.

I wonder what a Field of Nightmares Game would look like.
It :Dwould look like Pirates vs. Diamondbacks