Bucco Trade Ideas . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Bucco Trade Ideas . . .

Post by DemDog »

Got this article from a website recommended by MLBTRs. Found it interesting to see what someone outside the Pirates organization and fandom had to think about the "rebuild" going on with the team. It is a nice read if nothing else. What are your thoughts guys?

Pittsburgh Pirates Trade Ideas.
mouse

Bucco Trade Ideas . . .

Post by mouse »

Those sound like the sort of trades we would come up with. I don't see either the Yankees or Nationals giving up talent listed there for what they would be getting in return. The thought is good though - I would like to see something additional in the pipeline at catcher.
Quail

Bucco Trade Ideas . . .

Post by Quail »

Didn't care much for the suggested deal with the Yankees. I liked the idea of getting Read, a good hitting catching prospect, in the deal with the Nationals.

I've suggested elsewhere that the Pirates should target Brewers outfielder Domingo Santana and/or Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto. The combo would fill organizational needs of catcher and a power bat with young, high upside players.

Who would I be willing to part with to obtain either of those two? Quite frankly anyone, with the exception of Taillon and Bell. Milwaukee has a need at 2B and starting pitcher and a crowded outfield so my initial offer would be to send JHay and Nova their way. The deal addresses the Brewers needs while they pay from their outfield overstock. Brewers are rumored to be looking at high end free agent starters (Darvish/Arrieta) but if that plan falls through maybe Nova would interest them enough to make this deal.

For Realmuto I would tempt the rebuilding Marlins with Meadows and Glasnow for starters. Obviously Miami would want top prospects for a talent like Realmuto. If I had to sweeten the deal with another lower level prospect or two I'd do it. Reportedly Realmuto has asked for a trade so the Marlins might just be ready to cash in one last chip in their rebuild.

Of course how the Pirates will likely view both of these Arb eligible players' costs is a potential stumbling block as is the "internal value" they place on their own precious prospects.

SCBucco

Bucco Trade Ideas . . .

Post by SCBucco »

74766C6A7C190 wrote: Those sound like the sort of trades we would come up with. I don't see either the Yankees or Nationals giving up talent listed there for what they would be getting in return. The thought is good though - I would like to see something additional in the pipeline at catcher.

What talent is either really giving up?  The Yanks are giving up two prospects ranked in the 20s and two other non factors really.  Throwing in Freese takes away from the Harrison return.

Washington ... I don't see AJ Cole as being good.  We have a bunch of AJ Coles already. The prospect is improving, but not a stud in a farm system that isn't that strong. Nova doesn't bring a stud, but ...

I like the idea of a catching prospect.  We need a good one.  That is why I would back off the Nimmo from the Muts.  I'd ask for Tomas Nido and something else for Harrison.