5/1 Game Thread

Post by IABucFan »

Welp, this game's over.

1-0 Gnats. Get em tomorrow.
dmetz

5/1 Game Thread

Post by dmetz »

Ray searage says "moar fastballs!!!"

4 hits, 4 hrs, fastballs everywhere.   8 straight fastballs to difo.   Come on...
rucker59@gmail.com

5/1 Game Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Kuhl giving up long ball. Lots of em.

I was really hoping for a split with the Nationals. Won’t be easy now.
IABucFan

5/1 Game Thread

Post by IABucFan »

393E28202E397E720B2C262A2227652824264B0 wrote: Kuhl giving up long ball.  Lots of em. 

Personally, I don’t care about this game. It was a tall order to win tonight anyway. Marte should have been give tonight off. I’ve always believed that games against legit aces are perfect opportunities to rest players. Your odds of winning aren’t great anyways. Why not be full strength against a pitcher who might actually give up a run or two?
Kovalwat

5/1 Game Thread

Post by Kovalwat »

181>86
rucker59@gmail.com

5/1 Game Thread

777F7C4B5D785F503E0 wrote: Kuhl giving up long ball.  Lots of em. 

Personally, I don’t care about this game. It was a tall order to win tonight anyway. Marte should have been give tonight off. I’ve always believed that games against legit aces are perfect opportunities to rest players. Your odds of winning aren’t great anyways. Why not be full strength against a pitcher who might actually give up a run or two?

I don’t like giving anything away. The Pirates seem to beat the #1s. Its the rookies the Pirates can’t beat.

But I’m mostly disappointed in Kuhl.
Bobster21

5/1 Game Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess that encouraging 3 inning stint by Glasnow the other day was nothing more than an aberration. Even a blind squire occasionally finds the nut. Looks like he still has no business in MLB.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/1 Game Thread

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: I guess that encouraging 3 inning stint by Glasnow the other day was nothing more than an aberration. Even a blind squire occasionally finds the nut. Looks like he still has no business in MLB.

I had turned to the Pens. Hearing this IS VERY discouraging news.
INbuc

5/1 Game Thread

Post by INbuc »

39303829275D0 wrote: Ray searage says "moar fastballs!!!"

4 hits, 4 hrs, fastballs everywhere.   8 straight fastballs to difo.   Come on...

I can't see the game and it's probably a good thing. If Kuhl is throwing all fastballs liked dmetz has inferred, no one should be surprised by the results.

If you mix your pitches and hit your spots, you can survive on just a fastball and curve. But a fastball only is = to a jet with no engine.