Pirates@Tigers Season Opener Game Thread 3/30...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Frazier DH

Harrison 2nd

Polanco RF

Bell 1st

Dickerson LF

Marte CF

Cervelli C

Moran 3rd

Mercer SS

Nova P

Let’s get win #1 and go from there.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would make some changes to the line up.

I would flip Marte and Harrison for sure. Marte is a better on-base guy and slugs better. I would switch Moran and Cervelli. Having a base runner on first for Moran will open up a hole on the right side and get that runner to third on a single. That runner being Harrison (or Marte) in the sixth spot. They also have a chance to go lefty-righty through the heart of the line up.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

212A222E2B2A317472053C242D2A2A6B262A450 wrote: I would make some changes to the line up. 

I would flip Marte and Harrison for sure.  Marte is a better on-base guy and slugs better.  I would switch Moran and Cervelli.  Having a base runner on first for Moran will open up a hole on the right side and get that runner to third on a single.  That runner being Harrison (or Marte) in the sixth spot.  They also have a chance to go lefty-righty through the heart of the line up.

I disagree with everything you suggest.

Not really, just getting warmed up for the season! ;) I feel in July form on day 1.

I like the lineup in whatever order. I think they'll score enough to win. I don't know that I like Nova. I think he'll give up enough runs to lose.

Since someone will win, I see the Bucs rolling.

1-0 on the season.

Let's go Bucs!

notes34

Post by notes34 »

7D7A6C646A7D3A364F68626E6663216C60620F0 wrote: I would make some changes to the line up. 

I would flip Marte and Harrison for sure.  Marte is a better on-base guy and slugs better.  I would switch Moran and Cervelli.  Having a base runner on first for Moran will open up a hole on the right side and get that runner to third on a single.  That runner being Harrison (or Marte) in the sixth spot.  They also have a chance to go lefty-righty through the heart of the line up.

Not really, just getting warmed up for the season!  ;) I feel in July form on day 1.

I like the lineup in whatever order.  I think they'll score enough to win.  I don't know that I like Nova.  I think he'll give up enough runs to lose.

1-0 on the season.

Let's go Bucs!

I wish I had the optimism that you possess on this offense. I think it is going to be well "offensive."
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4344525A5443040871565C50585D1F525E5C310 wrote: I would make some changes to the line up. 

Not really, just getting warmed up for the season!  ;) I feel in July form on day 1.

I like the lineup in whatever order.  I think they'll score enough to win.  I don't know that I like Nova.  I think he'll give up enough runs to lose.

1-0 on the season.

Let's go Bucs!

The Pirates will score enough to win but Nova will give up enough runs to lose. But you think the Pirates will win? Makes sense!
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Ladies and gentlemen, Ivan Nova! Wow.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Great work by Nova to get out of that mess.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

0A0E0631273702252A440 wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, Ivan Nova! Wow.

He has probably never thrown that many balls in an inning in his career. Opening Day jitters?

No error given to Harrison? Pitchers probably love that.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Looks like we will find out how deep that bullpen is today.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

will mound visit rule get tested today?