Nick Turley Suspended 80 Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Lefty pitcher Nick Turley was suspended 80 games today for PED violations. The Pirates now have an open spot on the 40 man roster. Turley was probably depth for AAA, but his season will now only begin in July.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

That's it! I can't take any more!
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5E5253080108000D0A150F380 wrote: Lefty pitcher Nick Turley was suspended 80 games today for PED violations. The Pirates now have an open spot on the 40 man roster. Turley was probably depth for AAA, but his season will now only begin in July.

MLBtraderumors or maybe the Trib was saying he was a potential bullpen guy leaving ST. Anyway, that is three in the last year ... Marte and these two. The offseason continues to get better and better.
Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Our Pirates are so freaking funny at this point.......
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The Bucs are beginning to remind me of the Washington Generals the constant victim of the Harlem Globe Trotters. Just can't win for losing!

Can't wait til June 15 when the WV Black Bears open the season at Mahoning Valley and then June 21 when they open at home vs State College. I might go to a couple Altoona games before June but the Buccos, well need to talk to a good friend who has been going with me lately.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Turley likely was on a banned substance before the Pirates picked him up.

Disappointing, but it appears that a number of MLB players, particularly ones who are on the edge (Marte, however, did not fit this profile), continue to consider banned substances.