Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Bucs make trade with Nats

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bucs acquire Chris Bostick from Nats for Tyler Gushue and cash
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Time to officially say goodbye to Hanson??
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0B3B372C2C313615392B2B580 wrote: Time to officially say goodbye to Hanson??
Bostick hasn't even shown he can hit AAA pitching yet (.203).
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Gushue about 37th in the pecking order for Bucs catching prospects. Not much of a lose there and who knows about Bostick he came into pro baseball with a higher ceiling than Gushue. Uh, we get to see what happens this winter with some of the kid infielders and a couple FA we might loose. I can live with the deal right now.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

This falls in the making a trade for the sake of making a trade category. I don't see anything impactful for either side here.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Or it may mean they are thinking of trading one or more of their middle infielders this off-season. Hanson is the one they seem down on (not sure why), but could be he or Fraizer or one of the AAA ones. They have some thought in mind - I doubt they just trade people for the heck of it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5949487F6969650A0 wrote: This falls in the making a trade for the sake of making a trade category.  I don't see anything impactful for either side here.
I agree. Bostick has limited AAA experience and hit only .203 there. So it's not as if he's a threat to make the big league club. I don't think Frazier or even Hanson need to worry unless Bostick has a great year at Indy.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: This falls in the making a trade for the sake of making a trade category.  I don't see anything impactful for either side here.
I agree. Bostick has limited AAA experience and hit only .203 there. So it's not as if he's a threat to make the big league club. I don't think Frazier or even Hanson need to worry unless Bostick has a great year at Indy.

I think he is just insurance although it is surprising he doesn't play shortstop. The Bucs have liked to stash somebody at Indy every year. Bostick has a couple options so he might be able to stick around for 2018 as depth.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I see it as they don't want to pay Sean Rodriguez what he is worth and what the market dictates. Therefore they trade for a cheap versatile utility player. Of course this won't help the talent level but it will provide............. The infamous financial flexibility.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Guys # not too bad ...He can spend the next year in AAA .Then we see what we have . I like the trade . :-/

No harm no foul in my book.

Something in my gut tells me SROD has started to figure things out  ala Joey Bats but at a later age ..I dont care how old he is ...If we can get 3 top years i will take it ...We let him go we might be missing 25 -35 Hr per year down the line . The guy has a nice swing. ::) and if we let him settle on a starting position WOW stuff may happen  :D

But where does he fit?