Games after the All Star Break...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates first 3 games after the break are against the Nationals but after that the schedule gets much easier. The next 20 games between July 18th and August 11th are against the Brewers,Phillies,Mariners,Braves,Reds,and Padres. And 14 of those 20 games are at PNC Park.

So if the Pirates can continue to have a good week and climb over .500 they are going to be in very good shape I feel come late July early August to make a strong push for a wildcard spot.

They have to win a lot of these games and absolutely cannot afford another horrific stretch of losses like they had in June.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I'll touch up on this thread again after the phenomenal week the Pirates have had. Once again if you can survive this series against the Nats you got 20 straight games against teams with either a .500 record or below and 14 of them are at PNC Park. And now you got a chance to catch the Cubs it's going to make those games that more critical to win.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E69787C79645B6F787979641D0 wrote: The Pirates first 3 games after the break are against the Nationals but after that the schedule gets much easier. The next 20 games between July 18th and August 11th are against the Brewers,Phillies,Mariners,Braves,Reds,and Padres. And 14 of those 20 games are at PNC Park.

So if the Pirates can continue to have a good week and climb over .500 they are going to be in very good shape I feel come late July early August to make a strong push for a wildcard spot.

They have to win a lot of these games and absolutely cannot afford another horrific stretch of losses like they had in June.

During that stretch the Cubs have 10 games vs teams above .500, 11 games with teams below .500 and 3 games with Seattle, which is currently at .500.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cubs start the break playing 3 games with Texas and then 3 with the Mets so need to take advantage of that right away.