6. Jose Iglesias (R) SS

7. Ryan McMahon (L) 3B

8. Randal Grichuk (R) CF

9. Elias Diaz (R) C

German Marquez (R) SP

MaineBucs

Game Thread - 7/15 - Bucs @ Rockies

Post by MaineBucs »

It's really bad when your LH hitting platoon first baseman (Tsutugo) isn't in the starting line-up against a RH pitcher. And, to add further insult, the LH hitter starting at first has no real experience at first, and he has a batting average almost as low as you.

The team's ongoing fascination with VanMeter is perplexing. He is batting first tonight and has hit clean-up in the past. He has a career batting average just above .200, a career OBP below .300, and he is not young in baseball terms as this is his 4th year on a MLB roster. Even if he did miraculously start to hit, he would soon be free agent eligible.

Based on everything to date, it appears that VanMeter will be on the active roster for the season.

If Quintana pitches well tonight, 5 innings giving up 2 runs or less, I've got to assume that a contending team will want to acquire him soon after the all-star break.

Continuing, I know Cruz wants to remain a SS, but if one of the outfielders gets hurt tonight, he may need to be used in the OF simply because they need someone who has at least played the position before. And while I know that they used Tsutugo in the OF in several forgettable games last year, he demonstrated that Vogelbach could be a better option.

Lastly, Apple TV be damned for yet again cheating me out of a Pirate broadcast on my MLB TV package.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Josh VanMeter does what he does best and makes an out, but it’s a productive one and the Bucs tie it at one apiece.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

they have to ditch apple....having connectivity issues again
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

just going radio....not sounding very good either!
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Just checked in on the game. Peters was really rocked in the 7th and 8th for 6 runs. Quintana gives up 6 in 5. Not a good night for the Pirates.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I turned it off early. The Apple broadcast is terrible. I wonder what their probability was for the game ending 13-2? Just seeing the lineup with VanMeter leading off was a nonstarter. It was a pregame reminder that Shelton lacks the mental capacity to be an adequate manager. And then there were the failures of all 3 Pirate pitchers. And the Pirates muster 6 hits compared to the Rockies' 17. The first 5 in the order were 1 for 18.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

735E53424554430300310 wrote: I turned it off early. The Apple broadcast is terrible. I wonder what their probability was for the game ending 13-2? Just seeing the lineup with VanMeter leading off was a nonstarter. It was a pregame reminder that Shelton lacks the mental capacity to be an adequate manager. And then there were the failures of all 3 Pirate pitchers. And the Pirates muster 6 hits compared to the Rockies' 17. The first 5 in the order were 1 for 18. 
I am just glad I was unable to get it. I did go to the Cable Company yesterday and complained about it. I said that I paid for

the MLB Package and this was the third time I was unable to watch it. He smiled at me and said " Actually sir, we are doing you

a favor" :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

556B6E66756D6D664663746730020 wrote: I turned it off early. The Apple broadcast is terrible. I wonder what their probability was for the game ending 13-2? Just seeing the lineup with VanMeter leading off was a nonstarter. It was a pregame reminder that Shelton lacks the mental capacity to be an adequate manager. And then there were the failures of all 3 Pirate pitchers. And the Pirates muster 6 hits compared to the Rockies' 17. The first 5 in the order were 1 for 18. 
I am just glad I was unable to get it. I did go to the Cable Company yesterday and complained about it. I said that I paid for

the MLB Package and this was the third time I was unable to watch it. He smiled at me and said " Actually sir, we are doing you

a favor" :D
:D :D :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

At least I know next time not to even try logging on when we're on fruit tv.