5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Trevor Williams (R) P
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/28 game thread vs Cardinals.

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Williams with his first 1-2-3 first inning of the season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's still April and Cervelli is 3 short of his career high in HRs.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

113C31202736216162530 wrote: It's still April and Cervelli is 3 short of his career high in HRs.

So, which guy gets tested first - Cervelli or Didi Gregorious. Didi is doing his best Brady Anderson imitation. Frankie not too far behind.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

14040532242428470 wrote: It's still April and Cervelli is 3 short of his career high in HRs.

So, which guy gets tested first - Cervelli or Didi Gregorious.  Didi is doing his best Brady Anderson imitation.  Frankie not too far behind.
Gregorius hit 25 HRs last year and 20 the year before that. I don't expect him to maintain this pace but we know he has power. Cervelli has already had a PED suspension so I doubt he's juicing. He's supposed to have worked out in the off season to prevent injuries. Maybe that's why the HRs. I think they'd both pass a drug test.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

634E43525544531310210 wrote: It's still April and Cervelli is 3 short of his career high in HRs.

So, which guy gets tested first - Cervelli or Didi Gregorious.  Didi is doing his best Brady Anderson imitation.  Frankie not too far behind.
Gregorius hit 25 HRs last year and 20 the year before that. I don't expect him to maintain this pace but we know he has power. Cervelli has already had a PED suspension so I doubt he's juicing. He's supposed to have worked out in the off season to prevent injuries. Maybe that's why the HRs. I think they'd both pass a drug test.

I know Didi had 20 and then 25, but 10 this early seems like he is the next coming of McGwire.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

What is it about Marte and his brain being turned off? Pirates should be up 3-2. Instead Marte stands on 3rd.

Francisco drives him in, but that could be a killer mistake.

3-2 good guys.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

No way. Brown is wrong.  Cora threw the breaks on as he was arriving at 3b, so he was stopping and turned to pick up the ball.

Cora should be thanking Marte he didn't see him put the green light back on after he had already stopped him. Cora is a fool for trying to send him after stopping him with only 1 out.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Yep. Replayed the play: Cora was the problem. 

He was waving Marte home from almost the instant Bell connects with the ball. Suddenly Cora throws up a stop sign and then almost immediately waves him home again. It looks like Marte hits the brakes as soon as he saw the stop sign.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

RTJR. The season is exactly 1/6 over, and your Buccos are officially in first place.