Peguero in today's line-up

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Just checked the official site for today's line-up. Good to see Peguero getting a start at SS. Hope he has a good game.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Does that mean they have made a decision on Cruz's position as a future outfielder?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1A3D3615580 wrote: Does that mean they have made a decision on Cruz's position as a future outfielder?
Peguero was called up on the spur of the moment because he was close by in Altoona and Marcano was lost unexpectedly with Covid. His stay will probably be brief but I hope he gets enough opportunities and plays well enough to make it a tough decision. He's a year behind Cruz in the organization but Suwinski skipped AAA so it's not impossible that Peguero could stay. But I don't believe that is the intention of the Pirates. It's more likely that he'll return shortly to Altoona and Cruz will be recalled to play SS for the Pirates. At that point, Peguero would likely move up to Indy.
BenM

Post by BenM »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: Does that mean they have made a decision on Cruz's position as a future outfielder?
Peguero was called up on the spur of the moment because he was close by in Altoona and Marcano was lost unexpectedly with Covid. His stay will probably be brief but I hope he gets enough opportunities and plays well enough to make it a tough decision. He's a year behind Cruz in the organization but Suwinski skipped AAA so it's not impossible that Peguero could stay. But I don't believe that is the intention of the Pirates. It's more likely that he'll return shortly to Altoona and Cruz will be recalled to play SS for the Pirates. At that point, Peguero would likely move up to Indy.

Thanks.