Our various problems

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Our various problems

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Here's the order of my worries & concerns at this point:

1. Starting pitching. It hasn't been that bad (yet), but I am fearful that it is ultimately going to fall apart. We don't have anywhere near enough quality depth.

2. Taillon. If he's not going to be great, or at least really good, we are in deep, deep trouble.

3. Polanco

4. Bell

5. Bullpen

6. 2nd Base -- Personally I would play Moroff every day.

7. The Brewers are winning every day

8. The Cards are winning every day

9. The Cubs will finish with at least 90-95 wins.

It will be a minor miracle if the Pirates are still above .500 on Memorial Day.
mouse

Our various problems

Post by mouse »

I would put defense at the top of my list. It makes the pitchers look worse, plus they need all the help they can get. I would certainly *try* Moroff at second.
fjk090852-7

Our various problems

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I too would play Moroff at second base. I would also send Frazier down to Indy today to get his bat going, and play Osuna in right field for several games in order to give Polanco some time off.
SammyKhalifa

Our various problems

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I think everything takes a different perspective if Polano were mashing again.  I do not think it is a coincidence that we were doing well when he was.
Ecbucs

Our various problems

Post by Ecbucs »

45777B7B6F5D7E777A7F7077160 wrote: I think everything takes a different perspective if Polano were mashing again.  I do not think it is a coincidence that we were doing well when he was.

It doesn't have to be Polanco though. Bell has potential to mash and hasn't done it yet.

Definitely need a couple players mashing most of the time and others to chip in to have a decent offense.

It looks like Marte, Dickerson, Polanco and Bell all have potential to be hot hitters with some power for short streaks. If 2 of those guys aren't hitting the offense is in trouble. Hope to add Moran to the list if he continues what he has done so far.
SCBucco

Our various problems

Post by SCBucco »

Polanco is an all airport team type of guy. He certainly looks the part. He certainly has had flashes where you can see it. However, if I were making a dictionary and had to define the word enigma, I would put a picture of Gregory here to define said word. He is a streaky guy with no consistency whatsoever.