Lyles Now on IL

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Lyles Now on IL

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Lyles was placed on injured list with left hamstring tightness. What else could go wrong with this pitching staff? DeRapu is back.
MaineBucs

Lyles Now on IL

Post by MaineBucs »

It is now official, every one of the season's top 5 starters has now either been on the IL or missed at least one start. Further, it is only mid-June; less than 2.5 months into a 6 month season.

The off-season approach to constructing this year's team was folly. In short, not enough arms to provide the team a real chance at competing and winning.

McClachey (sp?) was undercapitalized as an owner and it greatly hurt the team's ability to compete. Nutting has the resources, but continues to direct management not to spend.

I've got to believe that Marte will soon be traded. Cervelli and his $10 mil salary would be gone too, but his future playing career is too much in doubt because of the concussions (for his sake I hope that he never returns).

I didn't expect a lot out of this season but allowed myself to get a bit too caught up in some of the early season success. Great individual stories in Bell and Reynolds, but not a whole lot more to feel good about.

I understand that Lyles' problem is a hammy. He needs time to recoup before they rush him back. Hope that both he and the team give him the chance to heal.
dmetz

Lyles Now on IL

Post by dmetz »

ouchy my hammy is tight from pitching 1 game every week.   ouchy my fingy hurts mommy!!!  I have a boo boo!   

Ripken played 2,632 straight games. Tim Tebow and Deshawn Watson played football games with fractured ribs.

The 1990's and 2000's were just different times. Hamstrings weren't as tight and fingers didn't stove as easily.
mouse

Lyles Now on IL

Post by mouse »

Does Musgrove getting tossed early today make him available to start Wednesday's game? Or does he have to sit out longer (or does that mess up the rotation)?
fjk090852-7

Lyles Now on IL

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Even though he lost on Saturday, Jordan Lyles has done a nice job for the Pirates this season. Nobody is certain if Taillon will eventually need surgery,and possibly miss time next season as well. I think the Pirates should seriously make a contract offer to Lyles in the neighborhood of two or three years.