the top prospects re-re-visited

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

One of the biggest questions I was going to have in the off-season is would Adam Frazier still qualify. He had enough time on the roster but was on path to not get enough at bats. Well, according to mlb.com, a rookie has 130 or less big league at bats, so Adam will no longer be a rookie. So he will not be on the poll. Josh Bell currently has 115, so he is 15 short- I think he'll definitely get that. Stalling, Hanson, Diaz, Moroff- no chance.

On the pitching side, Jamo and Kuhl are definitely off. Brault, Glasnow and Williams have no chance of reaching 50 IP.

Just throwing this out there- who should be on the #1 poll for next year? Glasnow, Meadows, Mitch Keller, Kevin Newman? Who else?
mouse

Post by mouse »

On the pitching side, Keller is probably showing more promise now than Glasnow. Glasnow certainly has upside but for some reason doesn't seem to be able to master (or be willing to master) an off-speed pitch - either a change-up or something else along that line that he can use effectively.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Meadows.

I don't think Meadows will be up in 2017 until the rosters expand, but he has a lot of upside.

What about Diaz? Does he qualify? He did pretty much lose a season in 2016.

Glasnow is up there too. A few bad starts in the majors shouldn't hurt his stock that much.
mouse

Post by mouse »

NH didn't do anything other than tinkering last off-season. I'm wondering if he may do more this off-season. I could see a trade for a pitcher that would change our top ten list of prospects.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

747F777B7E7F642127506971787F7F3E737F100 wrote: Meadows.

I don't think Meadows will be up in 2017 until the rosters expand, but he has a lot of upside.

What about Diaz?  Does he qualify?  He did pretty much lose a season in 2016. 

Glasnow is up there too.  A few bad starts in the majors shouldn't hurt his stock that much.

Diaz hasn't spent a lot of time on the major league roster and certainly does not have many ABs, so he still qualifies as a prospect. Where he will rate will be up for debate.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Meadows needs a full year in AAA .

I`m curious about Barnes ,,,Guy has been hurt since he was drafted but kept getting promoted anyway.

That says something about him , i think.

Then i look and see Heck somehow he has lots of AA exp. :-[

So now he is on track with AAA next year . This is the guy i want to see next year.

Meadows will be traded for something good.The guy seems to be brittle.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Josh Bell has 120 at bats with 3 games to go. MLB qualification for rookie is 130 at bats or less. If he gets less than 10 AB over the last three game (not plate appearances, he has well over 130, but actual at bats) he would still be considered a rookie at the beginning of next year and therefore still qualify for the prospect poll.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Well thats all well and dandy PSU.

Bell needs a position ala DH...Maybe we can trade him for that Chi Sox 1b from Cuba and TRADE SOME OF too.

Sox want to get young and we want to win b4 its too late .I think we can trade .

Bell /Glasnow/Meadows

for

Quinoa/ and Cuban Power hitting 1B

Lets sell out and make a run ...A real run to win it all.

Then we go back into competitive mode for the next 5 years.