OnlyBucs.net Member

Re: Off Season Thread

Reply #859 - yesterday at 10:10pm

Quote Print PostModifyRemove

Adjustment for Greenweenie:

The current standings are:

Padres - O'Grady(.5),Snell(4.5),Kim(1).,Darvish(4.5),Caratini(.5).11

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5),McCann(2.5)..............9.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2),Wisler(2),Desclafini(2.5).................

--Brebbia(1).................................................................8.5

Rays - Zunino(2),Wacha(2),Mejia(1),Davies(3.5)........................8.5

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)............... 8

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1),Holland(3.5)...................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3),Claidio(2).....................................7

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Rangers -,Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5),Lowe(1),Dahl(3),Arihara(.5).....6.5

Mariners - Graveman(1),Flexen(2),Montero(2)..............................5

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1),Bell(2).........................................4

Red Sox Renfroe(2),Andriese(2)................................................4

Dodgers Knebel(1),Kahnle(2.5)................................................3.5

Asros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5),Garcia(.5)..............................2.5

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Tigers - Urena(1)......................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

The only thing worse than seeing something done wrong is seeing it done slowly.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The Phillies get Jose Alvarado for a 2.5.

he current standings are:

Padres - O'Grady(.5),Snell(4.5),Kim(1).,Darvish(4.5),Caratini(.5).11

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5),McCann(2.5)..............9.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2),Wisler(2),Desclafini(2.5).................

--Brebbia(1).................................................................8.5

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)............... 8

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1),Holland(3.5)...................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3),Claidio(2).....................................7

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Rangers -,Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5),Lowe(1),Dahl(3),Arihara(.5).....6.5

Phillies - Neris(3),Alvarado(2.5.................................................5.5

Mariners - Graveman(1),Flexen(2),Montero(2)..............................5

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1),Bell(2).........................................4

Red Sox Renfroe(2),Andriese(2)................................................4

Dodgers Knebel(1),Kahnle(2.5)................................................3.5

Asros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5),Garcia(.5)..............................2.5

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Tigers - Urena(1)......................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Nutting needs to hire a private investigator to find out what Cherington does all day.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Ben spends his days investigating private investigators to make sure that he flies under BOB's radar.

He also does some day trading with that fat paycheck he gets. Not trading players. Stocks.

He does this at that nice, fancy beach house they built in the DR a while back. Probably paid for by now with the money that BOB gets from other owners.

One of these days, he'll get around to seeing what he has.

He has the life.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

597F786D64687F69610A0 wrote: Surg, Surg, Surg,

I have to teach you everything.  You have this half right.

Ben can do no wrong- until his time in The Burgh is up.

Once he's out, THAT's when he does ALL wrong, so that the next guy (or woman) can have maybe five years to see what he or she has.

So, have faith.  Ben will do a lot of wrong at some point along the lines, and we will be doing a lot of seeing what we have, year in and year out.

One thing we WON'T have?  Payroll.

You can't teach me anything. Between me and my brother, we know every thing.

Payroll? No coincidence BC is here right now. Knows what's going to change with Covid, and the lockout next year.

When 2023 emerges, the Pirates are going to be the team model for MLB.  There may be no 2022, but all these young players, these ones 2-3 years away....guess what? After this season, and a lost one, the Pirates emerge with a young talented ready roster.

Mark my words. 2022 they start showing their mettle, maybe even contend for the division. 2023, WS bound.

He'll be known as Grand Master Ben "Covid-lockout" Cherington. 

It's all there. Just go down the rabbit hole. "R" has been posting cryptic info.

WBCGSDTPAAOMLB-"Where Ben Cherington Goes, So Do The Pirates And All Of Major League Baseball"

I'm thinking of making that a bumper sticker

That is a great one but I have one better and shorter from my late accountant when I was in business with my dad so many moons ago. He always wore a tie clip with the letters YCDBSOYA. Translated: You Can't Do Business Sitting On Your Ass! That fits BC well. ;D ;D ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Having a tough time deciding. Do I want to come back as Ben....or BOB?

BOB- makes a lot more dough, but people hate him.

Ben- makes less moolah, but people let him ride.

Ruled out your accountant. Don't like tie clips. Or, ties. ;)
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

794C5B5B50695B5B50575B3E0 wrote: Having a tough time deciding.  Do I want to come back as Ben....or BOB?

Ruled out your accountant.  Don't like tie clips.  Or, ties.  ;) 

I suppose your idea of dressing for a sales calls it to wear baggy sweats or jeans that are too low slung that your tight whities show when you bend over just a smidgen. You wear an old tread bare sleeveless Harley or Jack Daniels t-shirt. You also have a long scraggly beard ala the Robertson guy from Duck Dynasty and a beat-up old ball cap worn backward. Yeh, that sounds just like a real Weenie.

My accountant was a professional during years long gone when dressing for business included a suit, tie, and of course a tip clip. Too bad you missed those great days.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sounds like a lot of Possum-ptions! ;)

--------------------------

You mean- back when the Bucs were any good? ;) About the only thing I miss about them now is- the Bucs being any good.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5E7F775E757D1A0 wrote: Having a tough time deciding.  Do I want to come back as Ben....or BOB?

I suppose your idea of dressing for a sales calls it to wear baggy sweats or jeans that are too low slung that your tight whities show when you bend over just a smidgen.  You wear an old tread bare sleeveless Harley or Jack Daniels t-shirt.  You also have a long scraggly beard ala the Robertson guy from Duck Dynasty and a beat-up old ball cap worn backward.  Yeh, that sounds just like a real Weenie.

My accountant was a professional during years long gone when dressing for business included a suit, tie, and of course a tip clip.  Too bad you missed those great days.

I did see Weenie prior to making a sales call on a trip to Wildwood. It wasn't pretty :P
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

5F61646C7F67676C4C697E6D3A080 wrote: Having a tough time deciding.  Do I want to come back as Ben....or BOB?

I suppose your idea of dressing for a sales calls it to wear baggy sweats or jeans that are too low slung that your tight whities show when you bend over just a smidgen.  You wear an old tread bare sleeveless Harley or Jack Daniels t-shirt.  You also have a long scraggly beard ala the Robertson guy from Duck Dynasty and a beat-up old ball cap worn backward.  Yeh, that sounds just like a real Weenie.

My accountant was a professional during years long gone when dressing for business included a suit, tie, and of course a tip clip.  Too bad you missed those great days.

I did see Weenie prior to making a sales call on a trip to Wildwood. It wasn't pretty :P

I bet he had ballpark mustard smear all over his shirt! :D
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

07262E072C24430 wrote: Having a tough time deciding.  Do I want to come back as Ben....or BOB?

I bet he had ballpark mustard smear all over his shirt!   :D

_______

If he had mustard on his shirt, I want to know who paid for the hot dog???