Game Thread - 5/24 - Bucs vs Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Even tho they have now scored 2 or less runs in 50% of their games (21 of 42) there were some positives. Contreras and the BP were outstanding and Mitchell drove in Castillo for the lone run. Their talent is subpar and their manager is grossly incompetent but any signs that better times are ahead are welcome. Today there were contributions from Contreras, Mitchell, Castro, Castillo and Chavis. (Sorry, but VanMeter has no future in MLB.) Nice to see Contreras and Mithell tonight. Fans need to see a reason to be optimistic about the future.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

072126333A3621373F540 wrote: 5 infielders in, Mitchell smokes one right to one of them, Pirates as usual running the contact play for some unknown reason, and Castro out by a mile

this play kills me. Why don't the Pirate analytics show how little it works? Somebody needs to ask Cherington and Shelton about this.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F393E2B222E392F274C0 wrote: It's also clear, it's time to move on from Castro, and bring up Cruz.

I don't understand Shelton, second time that he waits till there's an out before he realizes they need a faster runner.

I think it's also time to move on from Yoshi. If they want to keep playing Castro at short, bring up Cruz to DH, and he can have lots of fielding practice.
I see no other way to assess Shelton other than that he is historically clueless. Pretty much every decision he makes is predictably the obviously wrong one.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

On the other hand, Contreras shows he deserves more starts.  Very nice outing by the young man.  A few things to tighten up but, all in all, he pitched well.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: Guess Bednar is human
Rough night for Reynolds
Almost every night is a rough one for Reynolds.
The guy should have taken the long term contract as I think the pitchers have figured him out and he and Yoshi are killing this team's offense. Neither has a clue how to extract themselves from this slump.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

577176636A6671676F040 wrote: It's also clear, it's time to move on from Castro, and bring up Cruz.

I don't understand Shelton, second time that he waits till there's an out before he realizes they need a faster runner.

I think it's also time to move on from Yoshi. If they want to keep playing Castro at short, bring up Cruz to DH, and he can have lots of fielding practice.
I agree on Yoshi. His time has come