Status of Ivan Nova

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Has anyone heard the status of Ivan Nova. I know NH says they are still in contact, but that is a pretty vague response...

Anyone have the scoop?

Beat'em Bucs
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Latest rumor is that he is not getting close to his 5 year $80 million asking price.
BucsFaninGA

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Thanks Dogknot...Maybe another Yankee will choose the Bucs? Time will tell... 8-)
SammyKhalifa

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3239313D3839226761162F373E3939783539560 wrote: Latest rumor is that he is not getting close to his 5 year $80 million asking price. 

That's good news. I don't think he's nearly as good as we saw last season with the Bucs but I wouldn't mind bringing him back (we need SOMEONE after all)
Piratefanbill

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by Piratefanbill »

I read months again Nova moved on from the pirates
fjk090852-7

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There was a note from the Winter Meetings that the Bucs still had an interest in signing Nova. Each day that goes by there remains a possibility he may accept the Bucs proposal.
Roberto218

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by Roberto218 »

Sign Nova for 3/44.
Piratefanbill

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by Piratefanbill »

PMike

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by PMike »

Over the weekend, FC or NH said that they were absolutely still working on Nova. The issue is that there are a number of pitchers available in the market and teams interested. Nothing happens until the first person signs and sets the market. It sounds like Nova doesn't want to be the first.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Status of Ivan Nova

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4C517577791C0 wrote: Over the weekend, FC or NH said that they were absolutely still working on Nova.  The issue is that there are a number of pitchers available in the market and teams interested.  Nothing happens until the first person signs and sets the market.  It sounds like Nova doesn't want to be the first.

I found that interesting when Huntington said that. Players wait for each other to sign. It is a weak market this year.

Nova is probably the best free agent starter out there since Rich Hill signed. But he isn't getting Hill like offers. He must be waiting for a lesser player to sign so he can jump in the middle.