Game Thread - 8/21 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, the Bucs couldn't touch the worst bullpen in the league, maybe they can turn it around against the one guy who IS good in their pen
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

no 1-2-3

Well, let's beat them Braves
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4D6B6C79707C6B7D751E0 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

This is just ridiculous, you have the potential of a 2 run HR sitting on the bench, there was no lefty warming up, Farmer had thrown a bunch of pitches, and you still send Padlo up to bat. Cruz needed to come in at this juncture. He goes to short, Newman goes to second, Castro goes to third when they take the field.

It's going to be really tough thinking about renewing season tickets when I already know we will see an incompetent manager next year. It also bothers me that we have seen Yoshi, JVM, Padlo, Madris take up all these AB's this season, well beyond "they're due to break out if it" kind of thing. Give me Castillo hitting .200 over any of them hitting .150  Give me Suwinski striking out a lot, but also hitting HR's and producing runs.

If there’s one thing Shelton has consistently demonstrated, it’s an absolute, complete lack of awareness. Expecting him to make a logical decision is a waste of time. He does not know what the logical decisions are. He seems to operate in a fog that deprives him of the ability to assess his players abilities. The moves he makes and the moves he does not make all have a complete disregard of performance in common.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4E686F7A737F687E761D0 wrote: Well, the Bucs couldn't touch the worst bullpen in the league, maybe they can turn it around against the one guy who IS good in their pen

The Bucs go to war each day with peashooters. The results continue to be about what one would expect.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7F525F4E49584F0F0C3D0 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

This is just ridiculous, you have the potential of a 2 run HR sitting on the bench, there was no lefty warming up, Farmer had thrown a bunch of pitches, and you still send Padlo up to bat. Cruz needed to come in at this juncture. He goes to short, Newman goes to second, Castro goes to third when they take the field.

It's going to be really tough thinking about renewing season tickets when I already know we will see an incompetent manager next year. It also bothers me that we have seen Yoshi, JVM, Padlo, Madris take up all these AB's this season, well beyond "they're due to break out if it" kind of thing. Give me Castillo hitting .200 over any of them hitting .150  Give me Suwinski striking out a lot, but also hitting HR's and producing runs.

If there’s one thing Shelton has consistently demonstrated, it’s an absolute, complete lack of awareness. Expecting him to make a logical decision is a waste of time. He does not know what the logical decisions are. He seems to operate in a fog that deprives him of the ability to assess his players abilities. The moves he makes and the moves he does not make all have a complete disregard of performance in common.

I’ve always had the impression that he wants to be the players’ friend, that he doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings if he takes any of them out of the game for any reason. That’s a recipe for leadership failure.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

287E687C736979727F685A7D777B737634791A0 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

I’ve always had the impression that he wants to be the players’ friend, that he doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings if he takes any of them out of the game for any reason. That’s a recipe for leadership failure.

The simple answer to any question about Shelton's status is "He's under contract for another year and we'll assess the situation after the season." Nothing negative and totally noncommittal. The only bad answer was the one BC gave, which was an affirmation that the clueless manager is returning to hinder the team yet again.
2drfischer@gmail.c

735E53424554430300310 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

The simple answer to any question about Shelton's status is "He's under contract for another year and we'll assess the situation after the season." Nothing negative and totally noncommittal. The only bad answer was the one BC gave, which was an affirmation that the clueless manager is returning to hinder the team yet again. 

I agree it sounds bad. But we’ve also heard many times a manager being praised one day and then being fired soon thereafter. I’ll be disappointed if Shelton’s back next year but I don’t believe he’ll be here when the team becomes good. That’s more important. No way BC will want him to screw-up the good players who are on their way.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4F696E7B727E697F771C0 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

Suwinski was hitting better than Cruz is now when he was sent down. Fielding a heck of a lot better as well
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: And Padlo strikes out.

I agree it sounds bad.  But we’ve also heard many times a manager being praised one day and then being fired soon thereafter.  I’ll be disappointed if Shelton’s back next year but I don’t believe he’ll be here when the team becomes good.  That’s more important.  No way BC will want him to screw-up the good players who are on their way.

certainly agree with that
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C4A4D58515D4A5C543F0 wrote: no 1-2-3

Well, let's beat them Braves
That's going to take some doing. Are you going to any of the

Braves games?