7/5 Game Thread Brault debut versus Leake...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I still am a little skeptical about the Bucs pulling Taillon out of this start tonight just to give him a rest for a few weeks when this is a pretty big game tonight and Taillon is coming off a great game pitched in Seattle. With that being said, another big game tonight as the Bucs go for 6 in a row and try to make it 9 wins in their last 11 games.

I was hoping for a 9-7, or 10-6 record in the last 16 games before the All Star Break starting with the Dodgers series last weekend. So far the Bucs are 8-2 with 6 games counting tonight left to play before the break.

This 8-2 stretch I believe really saved the Bucs season when they were 34-39 about two weeks ago and just about 6 games out of a playoff spot. They needed to go on some kind of run like this and to their credit they have done so let's hope it continues for the rest of the week and after the break.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

486F7E7A7F625D697E7F7F621B0 wrote: I still am a little skeptical about the Bucs pulling Taillon out of this start tonight just to give him a rest for a few weeks when this is a pretty big game tonight and Taillon is coming off a great game pitched in Seattle.

Let's not rule out the possibility that this isn't just for rest. Maybe Taillon really has some discomfort and can't pitch tonight. I can't believe that the Bucs would bring up Brault over Glasnow if they already knew they wanted to sit Taillon a while and could have skipped Glasnow's start on Saturday to have him pitch tonight. So maybe they didn't plan to skip Taillon as recently as Saturday when Glasnow pitched.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

5B767B6A6D7C6B2B28190 wrote: I still am a little skeptical about the Bucs pulling Taillon out of this start tonight just to give him a rest for a few weeks when this is a pretty big game tonight and Taillon is coming off a great game pitched in Seattle.

Let's not rule out the possibility that this isn't just for rest. Maybe Taillon really has some discomfort and can't pitch tonight. I can't believe that the Bucs would bring up Brault over Glasnow if they already knew they wanted to sit Taillon a while and could have skipped Glasnow's start on Saturday to have him pitch tonight. So maybe they didn't plan to skip Taillon as recently as Saturday when Glasnow pitched.

Has to be some actual discomfort that would have made him miss this start anyways. Calling up Brault is strange. Glasnow can pitch two games in the majors and go back down. Unless the Pirates have no plans to use him this year in the majors at all.

I really think there is little chance he improves that much by next year where his walks are that much lower. It is going to be a few years before he gets a hold of his command, if ever. Weird that they have been willing to deal with Lock's poor command in the majors, but not Glasnow.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Who is dropped from the 40 man to add Brault? They've already dumped most of the easily removable pitchers. The only one left is Lobstein. Do they remove him, or go for Stallings or maybe even Gift?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Stallings was removed from the 40 man roster.
PMike

Post by PMike »

Polanco with epically pathetic drop in RF for a 3 base error to lead off the 2nd. >:(
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

Terrible play by Polanco puts Brault in an early jam.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

The kid battled through a couple of tough stretches but I like what I saw especially since he recently came off of the DL
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

I would have liked to see him pitch one more. Fastball has surprising zip and life though the gun claims 90-91.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Please not caminero. No no no