4/3 Game Thread - Opening Day

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

WOW. Fraizer looks like a big leaguer out in left field.

massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

Marte pops up with 2 men on 2 outs loss number 1
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Must win these next 2 games lol :P
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The Bucs had their chances today. They had a solid spring and I am very optimistic that they can get back in the playoffs. However, Cole is clearly not a #1. Agree with Freddy, you have to contain the damage in that one inning. Should not have allowed 5 runs after you had 2 outs with nobody on.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The two key components to the season Cole and Cutch were both not very good today which had a lot to do with the Pirates losing this game. Still a few good signs today Frazier looks like he will be a good player for us this season, hopefully that ball Bell hit the other way off the monster in the 9th of Kimbrel will get him going, and the bullpen of Nicasio,Rivero, and Hudson all pitched well. Hopefully we can find a way to win these next two before the home opener against the Braves here on Friday.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, i thought this was the best I've ever seen Cole pitch, outside of one inning. He was consistently hitting 99, hitting his spots, getting weak contact. If that's the Cole we see all year, we're going to be in good shape.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

090102352306212E400 wrote: Personally, i thought this was the best I've ever seen Cole pitch, outside of one inning.  He was consistently hitting 99, hitting his spots, getting weak contact.  If that's the Cole we see all year, we're going to be in good shape.
Yeah too bad he couldn't stop the bleeding in the fifth those runs do count
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

I haven't been on the board pretty much since last season and I'm not basing this on today's game so don't start with the I'm bein negative crap but I don't see this team any better than 500 the rotation while young and has potentional will probably struggle bullpen should be good but I'm not that impressed with their offense not a lot of pop and not that many clutch hitters just my opinion doesn't mean squat
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

373B2929382F39293C3B345A0 wrote: Personally, i thought this was the best I've ever seen Cole pitch, outside of one inning.  He was consistently hitting 99, hitting his spots, getting weak contact.  If that's the Cole we see all year, we're going to be in good shape.
Yeah too bad he couldn't stop the bleeding in the fifth those runs do count

Never said they didn't.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Unexpectedly got to watch the game today. A couple of takeaways for me were that Frazier looks very good defensively in left and that Cutch at the plate looks very much like the guy we saw in 2016.

Some other things that occurred to me are that we're gonna need some serious power output from Bell if Kang isn't on this team, we've got some mighty potent bullpen arms and Cole's velocity today seems to indicate he's healthier now than he ever was in 2016.

Now let's do some damage to those Sawks on Wednesday!