Newman vs Kramer

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Newman vs Kramer

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What are people's thoughts on Kevin Newman vs Kevin Kramer?

I haven't seen them play. Does one have an advantage over an another? Who has the better glove, the better bat, better arm?

Newman was drafted in the 1st round in 2015 and Kramer in the 2nd round in 2015. These two remind me of Jordy Mercer and Chase d'Arnaud who were drafted in the same draft in 2008.
OrlandoMerced

Newman vs Kramer

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I feel like Newman could be like a David Eckstein and Kramer is in the mold of Jordy Mercer. I think both look like guys that would hold their own at the ML level, but lack impact talent.
SammyKhalifa

Newman vs Kramer

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Kramer looks stronger, but Newman still has a slight chance to recover.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Newman vs Kramer

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am trying to gear up on knowledge for the prospect poll. I'd give the edge to Kramer at this point based on hitting stats.
SammyKhalifa

Newman vs Kramer

Post by SammyKhalifa »

from what i have read kramer is more likely to stick at SS but newman maybe a higher floor coming up as a UT guy
OrlandoMerced

Newman vs Kramer

Post by OrlandoMerced »

1F2D21213507242D20252A2D4C0 wrote: from what i have read kramer is more likely to stick at SS but newman maybe a higher floor coming up as a UT guy

My understanding is the opposite.
SammyKhalifa

Newman vs Kramer

Post by SammyKhalifa »

ok, well my understanding is shaky at best so i'll buy that
OrlandoMerced

Newman vs Kramer

Post by OrlandoMerced »

This is mostly based on the fact that Kramer has only played a handful of his minor league games at SS.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... amer000kev
SammyKhalifa

Newman vs Kramer

Post by SammyKhalifa »

hell, then either i was reading some really bad sources or have a terrible memory :D
DemDog

Newman vs Kramer

Post by DemDog »

Newman over Kramer. More experience and has been at the SS position his pro career. While Kramer has been at 2B. Also Kramer coming off a broken wrist that came in Altoona. That hurt his progress and his stats in AFL do not help his cause.

But you have forgotten about the real SS prospect in the system Cole Tucker. If either Newman or Kramer plays SS it will be as a bridge between Mercer and Cole.

Dog, I suggest you look into PiratesProspects Click on the subscribe button and spend some cash. It will be well spent Dog for great and updated info on the kids in the Pirates system.