We had 'em all the way! :D
massbucsfan

4/14 game. Can Cole pitch like an ace?

Post by massbucsfan »

Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Ugly game defensively. Especially in the 8th and 9th. We need to have a quality clean game to reset ourselves. We tried to lose this one late and cubs couldn't capitalize.

Tomorrow let's win it more cleanly
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Only 3 wins shy of our total wins against these guys last year...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

44485A5A4B5C4A5A4F4847290 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

I was told Cole isn't good.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A5A4954553B0 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

You were told he wasn't good when he wasn't good. Today he was good. See how that works?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

You were told he wasn't good when he wasn't good. Today he was good. See how that works?
Your exact quote was "He's not even a good pitcher anymore".
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

Exactly no one said he sucked he just wasn't very good today he was good that's why I said it
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7E5E4D50513F0 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

Exactly! And he wasn't pitching like a good pitcher last year or his first 2 games this year. At best he had regressed to average, which is far below his ability level. I didn't say he was a bum who would never pitch well again. I simply described how he was pitching. That doesn't mean he can't pitch well again. Hopefully, this will put him back on the right track.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Excellent win today Cole pitched like Cole nice job all around

Exactly! And he wasn't pitching like a good pitcher last year or his first 2 games this year. At best he had regressed to average, which is far below his ability level. I didn't say he was a bum who would never pitch well again. I simply described how he was pitching. That doesn't mean he can't pitch well again. Hopefully, this will put him back on the right track.

So when you say a guy isn't good any more it's the same as saying when he performs poorly he isn't good, but is good when he performs well?

I think I understand how it works now.