Game Thread - 8/21 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I entered the greatest play ever sweepstakes. The list is a complete joke, save for Mays catch.

I swear some intern just watched a list of plays and picked the first ones that popped up
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Joe Block makes it hard to watch a game, he never stops talking. It's like I'm listening to myself
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I really expected a lot more out of that inning other than a 1-2-3 punctuated with Gamel striking out looking
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Holderman on for a second inning
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7A5C5B4E474B5C4A42290 wrote: It might be fun to play a game this time next year of, “Who Remembers This 2022 Pirate?”  So many are so very forgettable.
The Pirates have used more players and more rookies than any other team in the majors this season.

What's astounding is that no one, not a single guy, has shown they want to be a player and hold down a major league job. I'm still blown away that Castillo and Suwinski are still in the minors. They had their struggles, but they looked to be keepers. They showed something.

But somehow, these guys who have shown nothing, Madris-JVM-Padlo continue to get AB's. Welll, not JVM lately. I wonder what he did to get in the doghouse

It’s a real head scratcher as to why Suwinski, in particular, hasn’t been recalled while Madris and Allen have struggled immensely. Allen just isn’t a major league player. How much further ahead would Suwinski be had he had all of Allen’s at bats?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

second batter up, and Block and Walk haven't called one pitch, nor the first out
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Fraley is clearly a superstar.....Bucs have yet to get him out today, 2 hits, 3 walks
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5B7E7D7D68437E767463110 wrote: Castro is starting to display a skill set similar to Starling Marte

Showing power, speed, good defense and his average is moving upward.

Added plus is he can switch hit.

It’s early but he maybe a better option at 3B if Hayes does not show more power and offense.

Apt comparison.  I just hope he’s a smarter baseball player than Marte was.

So far the smarts still need some developing. Lol

I’m holding out hope for him because he’s come up as an infielder, for whatever that’s worth in this organization.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Now a HBP

Holderman was cruising, now we're back in trouble. And it always seems their walks and HBP's score.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Looks like Holderman is only a one inning guy, but I like him for that one inning