Official Game Thread - 6/21 - Bucs vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Perdomo has always had control problems, even in the minors. He has now walked 6 in 9.2 innings for the Pirates.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Well --- 8 - 3 as we enter the bottom of the 8th. Bucs score 2 in the bottom of the 7th, but give them right back in the top of the 8th.

Looks to be another deflating day.

Teams, once again, appear that they will soon relish the opportunity to play the Pirates.

I also see where Travis Williams is saying that the Bucs will be willing to add at the trade deadline if they are in the race. This almost seems like a story line he had to spout after the Reds already came out and said that they are preparing to go for it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Block is praising the Pirates city connect uniforms. They were shown in the PG recently. They look like total garbage.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

634E43525544531310210 wrote: Block is praising the Pirates city connect uniforms. They were shown in the PG recently. They look like total garbage. 

Haven't found online. Not registering to the PG site.

Haven't seen many that I've liked yet- especially this year's. Most seem silly to me, but I'm just me.

Maybe I'll like ours. I hope so. Doesn't matter. I don't buy them, but I still would want them to look good.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirate pitchers have walked 5 today and have the 4th highest number of walks in the NL. And that's with world class pitch framers. ;)
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Bringing Davis up and immediately inserting him into the line-up and letting him play (mostly hit) was the right move to make, unfortunately, it has yet to add any significant dividends.

Last night I listened to Wehner talk about why it is okay (a good idea) not to have him at catcher right now. I understand his reasoning, but if he is going to be the catcher of the future, at some point, I think it would be a good idea to have him catch.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Three runs today. Time for a party.

Time for this slump to end, the Cubbies can't be this good can they?
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Two hits. A single and a double. 9 losses in a row and not much to feel positive about with the Marlins next on the schedule.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

6154434348714343484F43260 wrote: Block is praising the Pirates city connect uniforms. They were shown in the PG recently. They look like total garbage. 

Haven't found online.  Not registering to the PG site.

Haven't seen many that I've liked yet- especially this year's.  Most seem silly to me, but I'm just me.

Maybe I'll like ours.  I hope so.  Doesn't matter.  I don't buy them, but I still would want them to look good.

Pirate City Connect uniforms are unimaginative

Pirate baseball- unwatchable right now

Back to the uniforms-the best they could come up with is a gold jersey with PGH across the chest??

I would have used a black jersey with the gold Clemente Bridge across the chest with Pittsburgh printed above the bridge.

Add patches of steel cauldrons pouring steel on the shoulders
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

674B43444F685F49592A0 wrote: Two hits.  A single and a double.  9 losses in a row and not much to feel positive about with the Marlins next on the schedule.   
Yep this losing streak can easily reach 13 games by late Sunday afternoon. I have a hard time seeing them beating the Marlins at all this weekend. This season is slipping away and fast. A bad weekend in Miami which looks like a guarantee at this point will just about bury the Pirates in the standings. Giving Shelton that contract extension after that hot start is looking like a huge huge mistake at this point. Shelton has now gone 14-31 since starting 20-8. You can make a very strong case for Shelton and his staff to be fired at this point if this losing streak last through the weekend in Miami and next week when they return home to play the Padres and Brewers.