7/19 game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

7/19 game thread

Post by CutchisaBoss »

65425357524F70445352524F360 wrote: Taillon was excellent tonight as well. He threw 65 pitches in 6 innings and was very efficient. Eventually if he continues to pitch this good in future starts down the road the Pirates need to let him pitch longer. I know they want to protect the guy but you can't do this all the time.

I think it was more related to the fact that he hadn't pitched in so long. But how about the last 14 innings of Taillon? Get Glasnow back up here, not hard to dream on the second half...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

7/19 game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I can't believe Taillon stayed in the game. I can't believe he was allowed to stay on the game. The guy got drilled hard in the head.

I assume his low pitch count had something to do with it. I mean, wow. Great outing. I think he is going to be real good.

Ending on a Walk Off Triple. Great ending.
SteadyFreddy

7/19 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Mets, Marlins, and Dodgers win again tonight so the Bucs don't gain any ground on either wildcard spot and remain 3 games back. Bucs pick up a game on the Cubs and are now 8 back in the NL Central.
iwatch

7/19 game thread

Post by iwatch »

Melancon is in that "I blow two or three saves in a row" mode. I knew the other night when he blew the save that he blow the one or two. Every year this happens. But outside of those stretches he's dynamite.
PMike

7/19 game thread

Post by PMike »

2F312732252E460 wrote: Melancon is in that "I blow two or three saves in a row" mode. I knew the other night when he blew the save that he blow the one or two. Every year this happens. But outside of those stretches he's dynamite.

The HR the other night was a shocker. When he walked the first guy last night, you just knew he'd find a way to score.
MaineBucs

7/19 game thread

Post by MaineBucs »

With the offense in a bad funk, the pitching has little margin for error.

Pirates should have scored more than 2 last night through the first 8. Too many hitters failing to deliver the hit that would have sent the Brewers reeling.

I have watched Tallion get hit 15+ times now because I cannot grasp how he was able to remain in the game (survive such a brutal hit) and secondarily, to also pitch well. I am hoping that there are no affects from this hit that surface over the next few days. Seeing him get hit was like watching when Clemente hit the ball back up the middle that broke Bob Gibson's lower leg and then seeing Gibson get back up and pitch before ultimately leaving the game.

Glad that the Bucs won and that the Brewer 3rd baseman missed the throw from CF against Harrison, because I am not sure that the Bucs would have been able to drive him in. A win is a win, but this one should not have been quite so difficult.
NCBuccofan

7/19 game thread

Post by NCBuccofan »

5A7D6C686D704F7B6C6D6D70090 wrote: Putting this one on the offense tonight. Gotta be able to score more then 2 runs. I'm with a lot of people on here with Jaso that the Pirates need to have him on a short leash with as well as Bell has looked when he was up here. Need to win this game tonight can't afford to drop one like this to start a homestand against bad teams.

Who the heck is this Junior Guerra guy?  He has been good this year, but come one now.

Not scoring off the Nats over the weekend was expected, they have an excellent staff.
SammyKhalifa

7/19 game thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

020F0E392F2F232A2D224C0 wrote: Putting this one on the offense tonight. Gotta be able to score more then 2 runs. I'm with a lot of people on here with Jaso that the Pirates need to have him on a short leash with as well as Bell has looked when he was up here. Need to win this game tonight can't afford to drop one like this to start a homestand against bad teams.

Who the heck is this Junior Guerra guy?  He has been good this year, but come one now.

Not scoring off the Nats over the weekend was expected, they have an excellent staff.

He whooped Washington two weeks ago.

Back in May he struck out 11 Cubs.