Time for Polanco to sit

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, there's just so much information there to digest.  I also didn't really know if those numbers are typical for a typical ML hitter or if he's being targeted.

Like looking at his results and averages, it seems like he does most of his damage against the sinker. Is that typical? I don't know.
Wrathchild

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by Wrathchild »

5D6F63637745666F6267686F0E0 wrote: Yeah, there's just so much information there to digest.  I also didn't really know if those numbers are typical for a typical ML hitter or if he's being targeted

That is an interesting chart.  Looking at batted balls and specifically line drives, it does appear that up and out of the zone is a serious cold spot for him but he doesn't seem to be awful up and in the zone. But he's definitely better down in the zone than up in the zone.
SammyKhalifa

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Like looking at his results and averages, it seems like he does most of his damage against the sinker. Is that typical? I don't know.
notes34

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by notes34 »

404B434F4A4B501513645D454C4B4B0A474B240 wrote: Is Polanco better than Bell right now?  Or is benching Polanco easier because his back up (Meadows) is better than Bell's back up (Freese/Osuna)?

I don't see how you can send a message to Polanco and not Bell.  Osuna should platoon, but Bell has been hitting lefties better this year (ave, obp, slg, ops).
Yes obviously its because there is a better option in RF.
Osushawn

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by Osushawn »

would be curious if Toronto would be interested in Polanco for JA Happ?
dmetz

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by dmetz »

IMO,  Bell should be getting more time off.  He needs to 180 his season and I think he's really raising a questionmark at 1b again.   Our organizational curse doesn't want to let go.

RichD

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by RichD »

Luplow is really starting to hit .

Bostick doesnt have much to prove in AAA. Needs a chance with some team. We should trade this guy in a package .

Jason Martin needs moved up to AAA .

Lots of interesting players in the OF mix
IABucFan

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, I think Meadows has earned a right to stay. I haven't checked, but Polanco's gotta be out of options. So, no sending him to AAA. For me, when Marte comes back tomorrow, Frazier is the guy who should go down. He has options left, so you won't lose him. He doesn't really add much with the glove. So, he's behind Rodriguez on that front. He bats from the left side, so, IMO, whoever doesn't start between Meadows and Polanco would be ahead of him as a pinch hitter.

I'd stick with the five man bench (finally!), but my five would be:

Diaz

Polanco/Meadows

Rodriguez

Osuna

Freese

In my mind, the 25th man right now is between Frazier and Freese. Given that Frazier has options, he goes down. Eventually, Meadows will cool off. You swap him with Frazier for a couple of months, get past Super 2, and then bring him back. Simple.
Bobster21

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by Bobster21 »

Just read in the Trib that Polanco could be optioned. If he's got an option left, that would be the best solution. For the good of the team, Marte and Meadows both need to play and Polanco could get daily ABs in AAA to try to fix his game. That would be preferable to having him sit on the bench as a poor defensive 4th OFer who doesn't hit well or giving up on him altogether and trying to move him.

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/k ... oves-debut
SteadyFreddy

Time for Polanco to sit

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bobster I agree with sending him down for some time as well since it looks like Marte is coming back maybe as soon as today. I don’t think Super 2 should matter with Meadows to be honest with you right now. The Pirates are 28-22 after 50 games and are one of the two wildcard teams right now. You have a legit chance to compete and make the playoffs right now so keeping your best players up here right now and trying to win right now should be the top and only priority period. With that being said, I expect Osuna to be sent down instead of Polanco and for Meadows to remain up here and get a lot of playing time in right field. You can’t sit Meadows for Polanco at this point and time.