Official Game Thread - 4/1 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Official Game Thread - 4/1 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by GreenWeenie »

4D606D7C7B6A7D3D3E0F0 wrote: I agree with you, Ster.  My post was just the fact that he's the H.O. starter; no underlying comment.

I've agreed with nearly every comment you've made so far.  I share your concerns.  I would love to know HOW decisions are made, then the Why.

I like to learn.  I just hope that there would be something TO learn.  I wonder sometimes.

Love the last line.  True as true can be.  In so many ways.  Sigh.

Last year you were convinced Shelton was following orders from BC. I have since come around to your way of thinking. There is no way a manager could make decisions like Shelton and keep his job unless he was following orders. But I hold Shelton accountable too. I guess it's easy for me to say since it's not my job, but I could not be an MLB manager if the job required me to be a figurehead while implementing the decisions of the GM as to lineups and pitching moves. Shelton comes across as a clueless stooge and if he's content being made to look that way, then he deserves all criticism he gets.

My motto has become.....NMFP (No More Free Passes.)

None for BOB.  Your take on his CBA approval vote (along with Dejan) was spot on.  I stopped with the "Small Market Alibi" years ago. 

None for Ben.  I'm OK with "Time," but Time Is The Enemy.  Time isn't our friend.  Time to win.  I know improvement when I see it.  I haven't seen it (nearly enough.)  Ben's done well on some key parts to his job, but I'm not sure how well it's been running overall yet.  At some point- soon- I need to feel better.  I have as many concerns as I did last season.  Pitching being first and foremost.  OK.  Maybe second after Shelton Oversight.

None for Shelton.  I won't pile on.  The concerns are crystal clear now.  I know that times are changing.  Styles are styles.  Data is data.  But, all of us have seen so much lineup and playing time questions, if nothing else.

I'm concerned that he'll be granted a longer extension than I'd like.  I'm willing to look the other way- but, not long.

None for most players.  I know that they do their best.  It's not their fault that they're playing.  Their bosses are responsible for that.  Be prepared.  Be alert.  Be smarter than the dummies they play against.  Don't munch on lunch out there.

Fans will surely support the team so well when it's deserved.  Let's go!

If we can have the pitch clock to get games in gear, we should have a team clock, too.  No calendars!  ;)