Jose Fernandez...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Jose Fernandez...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Just saw he was killed in a boating accident last night. What an absolute tragedy this is to hear. One of the best young pitchers in baseball. He was suppose to pitch today too. You gotta wonder why he was out on a boat in the middle of the night when he had to pitch in a 1 o clock game in the afternoon the very next day. Just a damn shame.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jose Fernandez...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Wow. I didn't expect that post.
Quail

Jose Fernandez...

Post by Quail »

That is just dreadful news.
firchf1

Jose Fernandez...

Post by firchf1 »

Very tragic.So young.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jose Fernandez...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Marlins vs Braves game canceled.

Saw the picture. Could happen to anyone, but speed was involved. Reported the boat was found at 3 AM. But didn't hear when the accident occurred.

Very sad. Two others were found too.
BenM

Jose Fernandez...

Post by BenM »

I remember watching his first start against the Pirates his rookie season. 8 Innings, 2 ER, 12 Ks.

I didn't know who he was, but could tell he was going to be good.
SCBucco

Jose Fernandez...

Post by SCBucco »

Very sad news. Tremendous talent at such a young age. He was a happy, free loving kid that seemed to embrace life. RIP

Arnold Palmer passed too ... awful day. One of my heroes is gone.
BucAndEer

Jose Fernandez...

Post by BucAndEer »

022534303528172334353528510 wrote: Just saw he was killed in a boating accident last night. What an absolute tragedy this is to hear. One of the best young pitchers in baseball. He was suppose to pitch today too. You gotta wonder why he was out on a boat in the middle of the night when he had to pitch in a 1 o clock game in the afternoon the very next day. Just a damn shame.

Terribly tragic and just gut wrenching news to hear this morning. But to set the record straight, the Marlins had pushed Jose's start back a day to Monday (the 1st game of the Mets series), so it wasn't like he was out boating a few hours before he was to take the mound.